Chapter five: A new kind of feeling

She gasped hearing his voice from behind her. She turned around soaking wet completely shivering

"no" she stuttered, trembling from the coldness of the rain.

He groaned "just get in the car moonbeam".

Slowly and reluctantly she got into the car immediately feeling the warmness surround her.

"Thanks" she said much to her own surprise.

He nodded in response just as shocked as she was. They drove in silence for a good chunk of time. The rain started pouring down harder and to be honest both of them were terrified. The car slid on the slick streets making Dawn yelp with terror.

She hoped all of her animal friends were safe. The car slid to a stop and it was evident if they drove some bad things would happen. Scott looked terrified his whole face had turned as white as a piece of paper. He took a deep breath and turned to dawn

"sorry moonbeam I think we'll have to sleep in here".

She nodded terrified as what was to come. Lightning struck down nearly hitting scotts battered up car. He screamed clutching onto his seat. Dawn was scared like him but instead of laughing at her enemy like Jo would do. She decided to comfort him.

"Hey scott it's ok" she said hesitantly,

laying a hand on his shoulder.

"Just take deep breaths and pretend the storm isn't even there ok"?

He nodded gulping and breathed in deeply for a good portion of time before eventually calming down.

"Thanks Dawn" he said smiling not smirking for once.

She smiled back looking at Scott with something that wasn't hate. They locked eyes and for some reason neither one of them could look away. Slowly and carefully Scott leaned closer to Dawn and did something he might regret. He wasn't sure how she would react. Would she slap him or yell?

So he kissed her.