2

teddy picker - arctic monkeys

slowly gaining consciousness, sapnap woke up to the sun shining beaming through his curtains. groggily, he sat up and stretched, letting out a raspy yawn. moving the sheets off of him, he gently climbed over his sleeping girlfriend and got out of bed. the raven haired male made his way to the bathroom to brush his hair and brush his teeth. after doing so, he put on more casual attire and left his apartment.

the warmth of the fire, the sweet smell of baked goods and soft chatter filled the small cafe. the dim lights and the compact design of the place fit the ambience beautifully. in a booth pushed to the side, next to a window, sat sapnap. by himself, the boy sipped his black coffee and stared at the small paper in his hand. the baristas number. the hastily written digits were written in hot pink ink and next to it were a few hearts the barista drew. he sighed, crumpling up the paper and throwing it aside. she even gave him the coffee for free, which nick knew is probably breaking some sort of law. after a few minutes a zoning out, he felt a gentle buzz in his pocket. he pulled out his phone and checked what is was. a text. from karl. another buzz. now, a message from his girlfriend. it read "where did you go? weve been over this im tired of you slipping away and leaving me alone." he sighed, they really had been over it a lot. he just needed some time alone, to collect his thoughts.

Sap💕 is typing...

"sorry, i just needed some alone time. omw back rn. sorry again"

after mumbling a few curses, he got up and sipped the remaining coffee from the cup and threw it away. pushing the doors open, he walked outside and immediately felt the frigid air nip at his cheeks. the cafe wasnt far from his apartment, he always enjoyed walking there and seeing all of the stores. though he knew deep down he was avoiding his girlfriend. something was different. did he not love her anymore? no, no. he definitely did, but maybe not the same way he did before. quickly, he made it back to his apartment. opening the door to see his girlfriend, sitting on the counter. briskly looking through her phone, not noticing nick entering the apartment. "hey," sapnap said softly. her head perked up immediately. "hi there!!" she hopped off of the counter and went to hug sapnap, to which he pushed away unknowingly. she pouted and crossed her arms, looking up at him. the shorter was wearing one of sapnaps shirts and a pair of tight fitted jeans to match the pale hue of the shirt. that didnt sit right with him.

"im tired of you avoiding me." she broke the silence. they were sitting on the edge of his bed, trying to bask in eachothers company. the male looked at her nervously.

"im not avoiding you," yes you are. "i just need a calmer place to be in sometimes."

"you need to be in a calmer place. every day?"

"uhm, yeah."

"thats ridiculous. what bullshit."

"its not bullshit." the boy felt defenceless.

"are you seeing another girl? am i not good enough for you?"

"no, youre perfect for me. im not seeing anyone else. i love you and only you." i dont know anymore.

"youre lying." she huffed.

"im not." i am.

"im done." sapnaps lover stood up.

"what?" he looked up at her, trying to find any traces of humor in her words, her expression. nothing. "i said im done." she repeated. "im leaving. were over." he looked down in shame. "im sorry." he admitted. "oh youre sorry? tell that to the slut youre seeing." she began packing her things. "im not seeing anyone else!" the male stood up. "im tired of being lied to."

the two continued arguing for at least an hour. everything was said with malice, drowsiness and annoyance in every word. it all ended when she packed her things and left, slamming the door so hard the boy felt the floors vibrate. after a few hours, nick found himself laying on his bed staring at the ceiling. lost in thought, walking through what felt like hell with his hands over his eyes. what made her believe that he was seeing someone else? was she just scared? maybe she hated him. maybe she was the one seeing someone else. no. no, shes gone now. its over. he didnt have to worry anymore. breaking his chain of thought, he felt a buzz in his pocket. he shifted into a sitting position and pulled out his phone. it was a message from karl.

karl @ 13:30PM
hey there!!!! hows it goin?

karl @ 15:32PM
hey you ok?

sapnap is typing...

sapnap @ 15:33PM
hey karl, i was busy sorry
im ok tho

not even a second later, sapnap saw karl typing his reply.

karl @ 15:33PM
ooooo busy with your girlfriend? ;]

his heart dropped. the situation finally sinking in. oh.

sapnap @ 15:34PM
uhm
no actually
can you call?

karl @ 15:34PM
of course!

the familiar sound of the discord ringtone hummed, alerting sapnap of the incoming call. immediately he pressed accept and joined the call. "hi!" karl greeted. "hey," sap almost whispered. "whats up? are you ok?" karl asked, his voice laced with concern. that set something off in sapnap, for he immediately started explaining the situation. a few tears fell but they werent from sapnap, they were from karl. it pained him so much to hear sapnap hurting like this. he couldnt admit that to the boy on the other side of the phone though. karl didnt hesitate to comfort sapnap and assure him that it was ok. soon, they both calmed down and talked to one another. telling each other about their day and planning possible streams.

though all things must come to an end, even hours after the call ended, it resonated with him. he really liked karl. he enjoyed his company. his laugh, his smile, his insanely curly hair, it all made sapnaps heart feel warm inside. maybe he liked karl more than he thought. that was just a thought though.

word count: 1049