Landmark of Destiny (2)

The Knight limped around the huts and shops in the village, a horrible stench was filling the air. The sound of a woman crying could be faintly heard in the distance. Despite being at the highest point of the kingdom, Nomoke village was dark and you needed a lunarworm in a jar just to see more than five feet in front of you.

A pile of fish, dirt and stone was stocked up beside a long, spiky, metal fence. Railed in was rows, among rows of half-filled graves. Rusty, cracked headstones lined the far fields in what looked to be the remains of a war, a war that must have raged on for centuries.

To be walking among so many deceased held an eerie, unwanted feeling. However a feeling not unnatural by the Knight's standards. Many a beast have been slain by Their rusty old sabre. At some point the Knight was able to see the remains of a soul, They were able to harness the essence for their own gain, but an old druid took that ability away a long time ago.

A woman was weeping right beside an old, delegated well. Slowly the Knight limped up to the disguised cave entrance, and stared down into a black abyss that awaited Them. A tug at his boot caused his head to swiftly turn in the woman's direction. There was nothing but her, and a small stone in place of the grand graves that would usually take form. A moment of contemplation took hold as the Knight just stared at her. They unhanded the edge of the well and trotted over to the mourner, sitting beside her, which catches her attention.

"Did you know him, are you a friend?" She asks, dawning a forced smile and wiping tears from her eyes. The Knight continued to stare, if they had a voice they would respond, but they lacked what most human beings had.

"I see, you simply came over to see what all the fuss was about? I am dreadfully sorry, I am aware my sadness does have an affect on people." She still held the Knight's gaze, They felt as if they needed to feel something, but They were unable. "Wondering what happened?" She asks, presumably reading the Knight's mind.

"We were wandering around the yard here, and my boy, Liam, ventured off while we were visiting his father's grave." Tears started to form around her eyes again as she continued. "He went to the well, thinking that there was actual water down there, and jumped in. They never really found the body."

She melted into tears again.

The Knight sits and stares, this situation was familiar, but, why?
Suddenly, something clicks.

The Knight shifts to a kneeling position, and grabs the woman's attention. She looks up at Their face covered in a poorly painted bean bag, still wiping tears from her cheeks.
Then the Knight starts making movements with Their hands, communicating without a voice is hard but not impossible.

Although, the woman seems to find the Knight's sign language incomprehensible, tilting her head in confusion.

They stop in silence and the Knight began to think, somehow a whole new catalogue of thoughts were flowing through, as if a dam has opened up in Their nonexistent brain.

Once a plan laid itself out, the Knight started to slowly, but surely, make a comprehensible pattern.

They make a cradling motion, and then twirls Their index and middle fingers. The woman perks up and seemingly ceases crying. A cradling motion again, but this time They formed a heart and pointed at the woman.

"Your baby is okay, and he loves you."

She leaps toward the Knight and wraps her arms around Them. "Thank you, young man" She says. "Good luck on your journey."

She walks the Knight to the well and says her goodbyes, attaching a small pin to Their cloak. "There," she points at the pin, "This should give you fortune while down there, may Onamu bless you with her gaze."

The Knight nods respectfully, and bounds down the well.

END CHAPTER 2
HOLY CRAP I FINALLY DID IT!

So if you're wondering where I've been for the past. . . months, I turned one year older! How old? Well, uh, old enough.

I have to give a big thank you to the user Just_Demi for helping me write the interactions between Lady Merlin and the Knight.

Check out her stories on Wattpad and Archive of Our Own if you haven't!

Also big thanks to Lis, Jay and Berrie for helping me get through this god-awful time.

I know this chapter was short but I had to get it out this month or Nana and Mum would kill me.

Next chapter? uhhhh...

September, October at the latest.

See ya! and I hope you enjoyed!