The purple piano project

A/N: Book 3 is here! I'm super excited about this new part of the story and I hope you enjoy it just as much! As usual, let me know what you think and comments and votes are always deeply appreciated!

"Shalom blogosphere! Jacob Ben Israel here at McKinley High. Sudden death: big stakes senior year. Who will succeed and who will fail?"

"Oh, no!" Piper shook her head as soon as she spotted JBI as she walked with Mercedes down the hallway. Grabbing her best friend by the arm, she tried to make a turn and walk the other way, but Jacob spotted them anyway and rushed after them with his microphone and cameraman behind him. "Oh, come on..."

"Piper Snow!" JBI said, as Piper rolled her eyes and Mercedes started to walk a bit faster to try and lose the kid. "Rumors have been going around the school that this summer you didn't have to be locked away for your eating problems despite your fainting last year and some say that it is because you finally managed to get into Quinn Fabray's pants after two whole years of pining after her."

"Get lost, Jacob." Mercedes spoke up, trying to come up in Piper's defense, which only caused Jacob to press her further.

"So it is true? Are you and Miss Fabray a thing now?" He asked. "And where is she anyway? No one's heard of her for days now."

"I don't know, Jacob. We're not dating. We've never dated, okay?" Piper rolled her eyes again. "Now leave me alone."

"I don't believe you." Jacob insisted. "You were spotted with Fabray several times in your car during summer. And some of these times, Jones and Evans were spotted with you. Which leads me to my next question... Twitter says you're officially dating Sam Evans, A.K.A. Trouty Mouth, A.KA. Hobo McBeaver."

At that, Mercedes rolled her eyes and, even though she hid it well, Piper could see Mercedes was still upset about the whole Sam leaving to Kentucky thing. Still, she remained as impassive as possible to try and not give JBI any more ammunition to attack them with as Mercedes just put on a strong facade.

"Honey, that is so June." She rolled her eyes with a smirk as Piper smiled at her ways. "Yes, Sam and I dated, but his dad got a job out of state. But I'm gonna give you an exclusive. There's a new man in Mercedes' life now. And he's my future plans."

Noticing Shane coming up to them, Piper let go of Mercedes' arm to allow her to walk up to her boyfriend, who greeted her with open arms before sending Piper a wave.

"I'm not only your future plans, baby." He said, spinning Mercedes around a bit as Piper watched them both with a small smile. "You're gonna be a star. And when you graduate and win that first Grammy, we're gonna make beautiful cocoa babies."

"Oh, baby, how you talk." Mercedes melted into him, before turning back to Piper and sending her a smile. "I'll see you in Bio!"

"See ya!" Piper called back to her with a smile, before frowning when Jacob approached her.

"So, if you're not dating Fabray, would you consider..."

"Don't even finish that sentence, JBI." Piper gagged quietly as she turned to walk away from the kid. "And stay away from me!"

***

"Mr. Schue, why are all of our trophies in the middle of the room?" Tina asked, as soon as the teacher walked into the choir room for their first meeting of the year while the kids all stood around the trophies that, as Tina had pointed out, were all in the middle of the room.

"I was sure that our Nationals trophy would grow during the summer." Brittany said, clearly disappointed.

"I want this image burned into your mind." Mr. Schue said, as pointed at the trophies and chose to ignore Brittany's comment. "This is what the difference between first and twelfth place looks like. It's also what it feels like."