twenty five

"Strike," the voice on the TV in the bowling place says as Lev walks back to his seat.

"Great job baby," Piper says as she kisses him passionately on the lips.

She said she didn't like him but I know she was lying. I can tell. I've been able to tell. Yes, she loves Jentzen, but she loves Lev too. I can see it in her eyes. She didn't fall out of love with Lev. She just didn't want to hurt me or him. The hurst she must be feeling is unimaginable. Finding out that the boy she once loved and quite frankly still does cheated on him and is in love with another. The another being me. I hurt her. I caused her pain. I should be the one that's hurt but I am hurt.

Hurt because I did something terrible and I didn't stop myself. Not that I couldn't, that I didn't. I didn't do what I should've, I did what I shouldn't have. I fucked up and that's not something I can take back. I need to let her be happy. Because that's all she deserves in life. I need to move on.

I care about her more than anything in the whole world, she my sister. I'm not making the same mistake I did last time.

I like Adrien, I do. So much. He's kind and dorky. Weird at sometimes, and he may not be my soulmate, but he's mine right now and that's all I could ask for.

I can't compare him to Lev. They aren't the same person, they're two different people both perfectly amazing in their own ways.

I lay my head on Adrien's shoulder as we watch the other team bowl.

Enjoy your time in Hawaii Aubrey. Thousands of miles away from your family. On an island with your bestest friends. Enjoy it.

———

"Remember the first Youtube video we filmed together ever?" Piper asks me while we both cool down from our laugh attack. All of us were at dinner eating really good food and talking about old memories.

"How could I not?"

"That was when you and Lev kissed," everyone turns there head as Piper and I start to laugh again.

"It was an accident. I didn't know he was going to actually do the dare," I say in my defense.

"Do you really think I'd want an egg in my precious hair," Lev chimes in.

"If I have to. I'll crack a raw egg on your head anytime."

"Yeah yeah whatever," he rolls his eyes at me laughing while everyone talks having small conversations with each other.

I get up and walk to the bathroom just to freshen up a bit, and get away from the mess that's unfolding outside. I'm pretty sure Hunter is supporting underage drinking, I mean Lev, Jentzen, and the older guys "secretively" pouring alcohol into their drinks. I mean I'm not blind, and they're just not as discrete as they think they are.

I yelp as I get spun around and pressed up against the wall.

"Lev. Stop," I say putting my hand on his chest.

He kisses down my neck and as much as I wanted to keep going I couldn't.

"I'm just with uh Piper for publicity. I-It's fine, we c-can do this-s-s," he manages to get out in between slurs and kisses. I push him away with more force.

"You're drunk and not thinking clearly. We'll talk about this tomorrow," it's like a flip switched and he was out like a light.

I carried him back to the table, carried was a word. More like dragged, he's heavy and I'm small. Those two don't go together. At, like, all.

"Okay we're going back to the house and Hunter," I say looking dead in his eyes, to say he looked scared was an understatement.

"Give me the flask," I hold out my hand while he hands me the flat metal bottle. Men.

I open it and chug the rest of what's in there. And it was quite a lot. I didn't know it was that much. Shit.

"Damn. Okay Aubs. I see you, I see you," Adrien says standing up.

"Everyone in the car," I put two hundred dollar bills on the table, surely that will cover the dinner. I'm like a mother to all of these fools. I'm younger than half of them. Thankfully Claire and Piper helped me with gathering everyone into the car.

"Who's going to drive?" Piper asks me. Everyone aloud to drive all drank. Including me.

"I'll drive."

"But—"

"Someone has to get us home and I'm the most sober out of all the legally licensed people in this car," I get in the drivers seat while she gets in the passengers.

I pull out of the parking spot and start driving, slow, but not too slow, not fast either so I know I won't kill is all.

In a period of time we make it back to the house.

"Here, Piper and Claire, how about you take Hunter and bring him to the room then you two just crash together and I'll pile the guys into one room," I say looking at the girls and they no helping Hunter out of his seat.

Ayden helps me with the boys since he doesn't drink. We put Jentzen, Sawyer, and Adrien in our room while he stays with them.

I haul Lev into his and Piper's room.

"Aubrey."

"Yes Lev?"

"Why don't you want me," I sigh and somehow manage to get him to sit on the bed. I kneel down and untie his shoes taking them off for him.

"Lev, we can't have this conversation right now," I undo his belt and pull it off of him.

"Why not?"

"Because. You're not, yourself," my hands grip the hem of his shirt and pull it off.

"I'm f-fine," I laugh as I push his legs underneath the covers tucking him in.

"Please, stay with me,"  I stand there for a moment.

"Alright, but you, need to sleep. You hear me mister?" I say crawling in bed with him.

"You're hot when you're bossy."

"Go to sleep," he closes his eyes and pulls me close to his body. I tense up then untense getting comfortable to his touch.

"I love you," was the last thing he whispered before passing out into a deep sleep.