sit

I'm not sure how long I've been walking around my house, but on the last lap I just finished, I ended up sitting down in my backyard as I rested before going back in.

I almost fell asleep back here, so I got up and headed to the back door near the backyard, but I didn't bring the keys to that door, so I had to walk back around. My legs felt like jello when I finally returned to the front.

I rounded the corner past the tall hedges and overgrown bushes.

I made my way closer to my front door.

When I stepped up onto the two steps that led to the door, I passed by her sitting on the top steps.

"Hey," I said as I passed by her with my keys in my hand.

"Hi, you're back." She said as she stood up, brushing her clothes off. She turned and stood behind me as I turned around and unlocked the door.

I allowed her to go in before me before I closed the door behind me.

"I'm going to shower and be back, okay?" I said as I handed her the snack bags and the remote.

"Okay, I'll be here." She said as she sat the bags on the table and then sat down herself.

I was allowing the cool water to run over my body as the heat from the sun was powerful today, and I wanted to get all the sweat off me.

I adjusted my shirt as I walked down the stairs, going towards her and sitting next to her, grabbing one of the bags off the table and settling deep into the couch.

"What are you watching?"

"I haven't picked anything yet. I couldn't decide yet." She said as she flipped through the channels a bit more before handing the remote to me.

I laughed lightly as I took it from her outstretched hand.

I knew what to watch that we would both like.

I set the remote on the table and offered her my bag containing the chocolate I had been eating for a while. It was good, so I had to share it with her.

We watched the TV and shared our snacks.

I squinted, looking around before I turned my head towards her, gazing at her.

She smiled at me and slowly lifted her shirt, showing me her stomach.

A flaming, deeply engraved "KDG" right above her belly button.

I rubbed my chest as I saw the letters disappear into her skin as if it was never there.

"Hi." She whispered as she lowered her shirt.