𝖾𝗅𝖾𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗌 𝗈𝖿 𝗋𝗈𝗆𝖺𝗇𝖼𝖾 - 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘵

He's to your right, Frost!

I slid out of the way just as the metahuman of the day came barreling around the corner, firing a watery blast at me from his palms. His eyes were bright against the sheen of the water, and I hid behind a nearby desk just as he aimed another jet at me.

"Note to self," I muttered. "This guy can control water."

"There might be even more to it than that," Cisco's voice came crackling through my comms. "We're picking up some strange seismic activity right under Caspian's feet. Be careful."

"Got it. Thanks, Cisco." I hopped up and fired a cloud of icy shards at Caspian. He dodged once again by lifting himself up on a pedestal created by the ground beneath him. I cursed as I ducked back behind the desk. "Where's Ralph when you need him?"

"I'm coming, Frosty," Ralph whispered into my earpiece. "Old Ralphy boy's got a trick or two up his sleeve." I looked up and could see Ralph poised behind a cubicle on the other side of the office. He was preparing to make himself a human slingshot. Classic Ralph.

"Hey, slippery!" Caspian turned around just as Ralph rocketed himself forward. Instead of turning to duck, the meta merely put his arms towards Ralph, and a gust of wind sent Elongated Man flying.

"Looks like he can control wind too," I could hear Cisco's fingers tapping on his tablet as he spoke through the control center's mic.

"You think?" I shot a blast at Caspian, and this time it hit him right between the shoulder blades. He turned around with orange eyes and shot a flame at me. It hit me in my right arm, and I screamed as I felt it singe my flesh. Now I was mad. But, before I could retaliate, I heard Cisco's yell in my ear.

"Get out of there, Frost. You have no idea what fire will do to your body."

I looked down at the second-degree burns littering my forearm. They didn't seem to be healing as they should be. I knew Cisco was right. I should run away, but I needed to fight for the sake of everyone on Team Flash. Defending Central City was my number one duty.

Don't do it, Frost.

I shook my head and stood up. "Sorry, guys. I need to do this. For all of us." I formed two blades of ice and ran towards Caspian. Now I was the one with fire in my eyes. I swung at him and slashed his leg. He cried out in pain before his left palm went up in flames. He tried to punch me, but I dodged. We were trading swings and taking blows, but he still hadn't hit me head-on with fire. I seriously might win this fight. 

But, before I could recounter a particularly nasty uppercut, Caspian unexpectedly lunged forward and planted his hands square on my shoulders. I could hear Caity scream in unison with me as our skin sizzled under his fingertips. Caspian pushed me backwards and sent a gale of wind my way, making my whole body slam against a nearby cubicle's wall.

Frost!

"That's it," I could hear Cisco rustling around the cortex. "I'm going in." A breach appeared in the middle of the office and Cisco stepped out in full Vibe gear. A vibe blast erupted from his palms, hitting Caspian in the back and knocking him over. Cisco ran over to me and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Are you okay?" Worry clouded his eyes, and I could tell he wasn't really speaking to me.

"Yeah, I think I'm fine. Thanks for backing me up." I grabbed his hand and he pulled me up. "Ready to kick some ass?"

"You know it," He smiled and gave me a little salute before jumping up from the cubicle we were stationed behind. I followed close behind and prepared to fight as Ralph struggled against Caspian, dodging his flaming fists by contorting his body into irregular shapes.

"Let's sneak up behind him," I whispered into Cisco's ear, and he nodded silently in response. We crept up behind Caspian and Ralph's eyes widened with surprise as he saw us. Cisco held up a finger to shush him and prepared to fire at Caspian. I formed two new frozen knives as Cisco's fingers twitched, beginning to create a new blast.

But, before he could fire, Caspian whipped around and placed his flaming hand on Cisco's arm, causing his uniform and forearm to burn. I threw myself forward and stabbed my dagger in Caspian's arm as Cisco screamed in pain. The meta collapsed to the ground as Ralph slid a pair of meta-cuffs around his wrists. I immediately turned back to Cisco.

God, please let him be okay.

"You're going to be okay, Cisco," I let a small tendril of frost out of my hands and onto his wound, cauterizing it temporarily. "Caity's got this."

"She always does, doesn't she?" Cisco gave a pained smile and groaned as Ralph and I helped him up. Ralph pulled an extrapolator out of his suit and opened a breach back to the cortex, where things would be safe and sound.

•••

author's note:

hello everyone! I know this installment of thawed hearts is long overdue, but it's been a really busy week for me irl. as an apology, I've attached a couple of my favorite flash memes. look at that wholesome boy :D

 look at that wholesome boy :D

I'll be putting out the second part of elements of romance later this week and (hopefully) getting to the chapter I've been looking forward to since the beginning

I'll be putting out the second part of elements of romance later this week and (hopefully) getting to the chapter I've been looking forward to since the beginning. hint: think the barry/ralph portion of 6x6...

as always, thanks so much for your support, and have a lovely day! <3