𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱

"What is an Amartha?" Asked Amroth, for not everyone had an idea about what they referred to.

"An Amartha or Marta is a being sent by the Valar. They can be human, dwarves, elves; It can vary. What is so peculiar about them, is that they have always appeared in crucial times, mostly at war. They are sent to help those who need it, and they have very specific purposes. Once their purpose is completed, they die. They are not meant to stay longer than necessary." Explained the Noldorin High King, a fare-away look in his eyes.

"But what makes them so different from everyone else?" Questioned a very confused Isildur.

"Not much is known about them, seeing as there have not been many. They are here to bring light and hope, and to show that the Valar are helping us." Answered Oropher. He stared at Robin as he talked, and their eyes found each other. His eyes, as gentle as they could be, could also pierce your soul with a cold look. A ring of cold blue, slowly going inward to a beautiful green.

The atmosphere in the room was dense as everyone processed the information. Robin sat in shock, not knowing any of this.

Lady Galadriel knew about this and didn't tell her? A little warning would have been appreciated.

She was glad for the new information, although it was overwhelming.

Great purpose? She could barely walk without running into walls every five seconds. She had just read a book, how would she do great things?

The adrenaline from the argument with Thranduil was starting to wear off. Her head was spinning, and suddenly the walls started to close on her. She needed to get out and breathe.

"Perhaps it's best if we continue tomorrow. I think all of us would like some time to process all of this. As Lady Galadriel mentioned, it is crucial that what you just heard remains between the people in this room. If the Lady is truly a Marta, her well-being is crucial. No one else can know." Commanded Gil-Galad, and everyone nodded their heads in understanding.

As soon as the doors opened, Robin stormed out of the room.

Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out.

➵ ➵ ➵

She ran, her feet working on their own. She didn't know how long it took her to get there until she sat on her favorite bench.

Why, why, why?

All kinds of questions ran through her mind.

That seemed like the only thing she had done since appearing in this world.

Why did everything have to be so confusing? Why couldn't things be plain and simple?

Well, because life is everything but simple.

"You think so loud, I can hear you from all the way over here."

She was pulled out of her thoughts and quickly turned around only to relax when she realized who was there.

"Oh, it's just you."

"Yes, it's just me. The friend you always seem to forget about." He teased. She frowned and looked down in guilt. He was right.

"I... have no excuse. You're right. I'm sorry, Elhael." He stared in shock. She had not forgotten about him, they were just too busy to hang out.

"What's wrong? That's not a response I would have gotten from the iconic Robin Hood."

"Well... I might just not be feeling iconic today." She grimaced.

"And what has made you so unlike yourself?" He questioned, sitting next to her on the bench.