Prologue

At age 18 Spencer Reid just admitted his mother Diana Reid into sanitarium where she could get proper help.

At the time Spencer had just been offered to go through training for joining the BAU by Jason Gideon who was a founding member. This was a great opportunity to get a solid job and do something that would really help people.

During this Spencer was also offered a choice regarding his younger sister. He could either keep his sister and be given some financial help by the state. ( in my story Spencer does things for science journals for good money. Plus father still has to pay child support.) The other option was to let her go into the foster care system.

Spencer Reid had to make the biggest decision he had ever had to make. This would effect three people for better or worse and it was all up to him.

He could say yes and stay with his sister. They could go through everything together like siblings are supposed to do.

Or he could give her up to social services. Leave everything about her up to chance. She could be a lucky one and get the perfect family and the first or second go. She could have a perfectly Norma and boring forever family.

She could be an unlikely one. Constantly moving from house to house, state to state never feeling at home. She could get put with on of those foster care horror stories. The "parents" sell the kids of to people for quick cash. They could use her a living punching bag or the lowest of servants to wait on them hand and foot.

Where were the Statistics for this. After all most kids probably never will admit to any adult what happens behind closed doors. Those that do speak up just get brushed of. Mr. and Mrs. Boring Named would never do such a thing. You should be grateful they are kind enough to take up in.

For once in his life the statistics did nothing to help him. What if he keeps her. They could be living paycheck to paycheck barely making it each week. What if she got sick. What if...

There were just to many what if's. So many that even Spencer's mind could not comprehend them.

So he said to the social worker" I will be...
——-———

✍️ Author's Notes 🗒
So this is my first story that will will continue with. I already have a plan in place for this. The updates will be random and likely short but frequent. Updates will be less frequent if I end up having multiple tests for if it is exam time. Also if there are any grammar mistakes please let me know. Also if anyone wants to beta me that would be really appreciated. I don't own criminal minds just the OCs in the story. Some cases will be made up so let me know if they don't make any sense at all. If this happens I will let people know. If I use a case from the show I will put the episode and season on it. Can't wait to continue this story. 👋🏼