Chapter 27. Finale

Hey guys, I usually dont place these at the beginning of my chapters but this is the last chapter. Thank you so much for reading, I hope you liked it and I will be writing another x reader soon so give me some ideas, but for now good luck reading and I'm sorry!!

catch you next time💜

Word count: 740
_____________________________________________
Y/n Pov

We brought Bucky to the hospital and I was sitting beside his bed, waiting for him to wake up while tears rolled down my cheek.

'Y/n?' I heard behind me, it was Steve.

'Oh hey Steve..' I said back, trying to wipe some of the tears away.

'The doctor wants to speak to us.' I placed a kiss on Bucky's forehead and slowly stood up, not wanting to leave his side. Steve took me outside the room to the doctor.

'He suffered severe blood loss and blunt force trauma on his head, by the time you guys got here the damage was unfixable, we're sorry.' The doctor said with a sad look on his face.

'W-what do you mean?' Steve says clearly shocked. I saw tears starting to form in his eyes.

'We cannot help him.. I'm afraid he doesnt have long left to live.' My heart skipped a beat.

'No..' Tears started to poor from my eyes. 'No you have to save him, you have to help him, there must be something you can do!' I yelled. The doctor slowly shook his head. I ran back to Bucky and saw that he was awake. 'Bucky..'

'Y/n?' He asked softly, his eyes not being able to focus on me.

'Hey you..' I said through my tears.

'How long do I have left.' He asked.

'Not long.. I'm sorry this is all my fault I'm the reason your going to die.' Bucky's eyes seemed to focus on me.

'Y/n dont blame yourself... Just come sit here beside me.' I sat down at his side and he took my hand and squeezed it. 'Y/n, I love you more then anything in this world please dont blame yourself, this is not your fault. Find someone better then me, move on and live your life, be free, I love you..' He sat up, which cost him a lot of strength and gave me a kiss and a small hug. He fell back down exhausted, his eyes fell closed and the grip on my hand softened.

'Bucky, Bucky stay with me.' The beeping of the heart rate monitor beside the bed was becoming awfully slow.

'No, NO Bucky please dont leave me!' I yelled. His eyes fluttered open a bit.

'I.. love you....' He said with the last of his strength. The heart rate monitor gave a long beep... too long... way too long. Doctors came running into the room and Steve took me out.

'BUCKY!!' I screamed. Steve took me in his arms and brought me to another room. I looked around and saw the rest of the avengers with tears in their eyes. I ran to my dad and buried my face in his chest hugged him and cried for a solid 15 minutes.

'Hey.. ssshh its okay honey.' He said while rubbing my back.

A few days later

Y/n Pov

This was it, it all became real now. I saw Bucky's coffin in front of me. He was really dead. No denying it now. Everyone walked up to the coffin and said something then walked back to their place. I was the last one in line. I was trying my best keeping my tears in but it didnt really help. After Steve walked back. I walked to the coffin and sat down on my knees in front of it.

'Hey Bucky..' My voice already broke. I layed a light pink rose on the coffin. 'I know you said that I have to find someone better and move on.. But I dont think I'll be able to do that.. You were the love of my life and I will never forget all the time we spent together.' Tears started to poor down I thought back to the moment where he first approached me in the bar and us laughing on the balcony, and his tight grip around my waist when we went to bed. It took a minute before I was able to say something else. 'I guess this is goodbye, it wont be my final goodbye I'm not ready for that yet. I cant believe that I wont be able to laugh with you anymore, that I wont see you in the morning and give you a hug, that I wont be able to go on vacation with you. But this was your final stop, so goodbye... I love you...'

~•The end•~