Ch.2 Different

■3rd Person POV■

Y/N is filling the bottles for the volleyball team right now. She gets inside te gym and places the bottles on the bench. After that she stretches her body and watches as the boys are practicing.

They're practicing their receive right now, when it's Nishinoya's turn  he did his signature rolling thunder. He looks so proud with what he did and he beams a smile. Nishinoya then met eyes with Y/N, starling the girl who's currently watching him. He then beams a big smile, making the girl's poor heart beats rapidly.

Y/N immediately averts her gaze and make herself busy by doing a lot of thing

During the break time, Y/N and Yachi hands the boys their towel and water. Y/N then give the water to Nishinoya.

Y/N: Nishinoya kun... here

Nishinoya looks at Y/N and takes the bottles from her.

Nishinoya: Thank you so much! But really... after that day, we never meet each other

Y/N: ah yes... we never been in the same class too...

Nishinoya: well of course we have never been in the same class, you're smart... you're score is definitely outstanding huh L/N?

Y/N: Nishinoya san... you too are outstanding when you play volleyball...

Nishinoya's eyes widened a little and then he smiles.

Nishinoya: you really are a kind person aren't you? L/N

Then Enoshita's voice was heard, the break is over. Noya drinks his water and hands the bottle back at Y/N before running back to practice.

Y/N is still startled, her heart is pounding. This is the second time Nishinoya called her kind.

Y/N: L/N san I'll fill the wat- L/N san! Are you sick? Yo- your face is red

Y/N woke up from her daze, and immediately shook her head.

Y/N: ah no, I'm just uh... it's kind of hot, uh let me fill the water, I'll wash my face too hehe

With that Y/N runs out of the gym to the water bin. She crouches down and hugs Nishinoya's bottle.

Y/N: being in here is not safe for my heart...

■Y/N's POV■

The practice has ended, I'm currently putting the ball inside the basket with Yachi and the boys. After that, the boys change their clothes to their uniforms.

Enoshita locks the gym door as Yachi and I wait for him to do it. After that, the three of us, walk to the gate together. And then Tanaka, Narita, Kinoshita, and Nishinoya came to us. Not long after the 2nd year, Hinata, Kageyama, Tsukishima, and Yamaguchi came too.

Hinata: Yachi san come on we'll walk you to the bus stop.

Yachi: senpais, I'll walk with them

With that, the second year's walk together. Leaving us the third-year standing in front of the gate.