-8-

"And what of me?" I asked, looking between the two, "if he knows who I am like you suspect, he knows you can't hurt me, my power wouldn't allow it."

"Be Loki's partner," Thor stated, saying it as if it were obvious.

"Partner?" We both turned on him, as if disgusted by the word.

"Yes, you know, partners in crime?"

"I understood that, but I work alone, besides, your brother here seems to thinks he's above everyone." I pointed out, to which Loki smirked, walking over and snaking an arm around my waist. "Come now, we can play the part."

"Let go of me." I warned.

"Or what?" He whispered it in my ear, and I ducked under his arm, before twisting and locking it behind his back. Then mjlonir flew towards us, barely missing as it flew back to Thor's hand.

"Just play the part."

"Fine." I huffed, though secretly I was excited for the act. Loki being forced to treat me as an equal was rather amusing.

"Alright, are you ready?" Thor looked at Jane, who nodded her head, then back at us two.

"I am." Loki confirmed, before facing me, "what do you say?"

"It's like New York all over again." I sighed, amusing him as I moved closer to his side, a familiar green jacket, this time longer, appearing over my armour, and then the golden leaves topped my head. "Why the crown?" I eyes Loki with suspicion.

"I think it suits you." He admitted, the  we moved from our hiding spot, "you know this plan of yours is going to get us killed." Loki stated.

"Yeah, possibly." Thor nodded, as Loki held up his shackled hands, but Thor hesitated.

"You still don't trust me, brother?" Loki gave him a look of disbelief.

"Would you?" Thor set the next line up, reaching for the key, but then he paused, and I realised the issue. "Oh, thats my bad." I revealed the key from its hiding place under my wrist cuff, and he sighed. "I should have known, this works in our favour anyway." Thor said in a low whisper, barely nodding and I realised what he'd meant. I lay a punch to his cheek, before unlocking Loki's cuffs.

"No, I wouldn't."

Loki said his line louder, revealing a dagger and making a scene of stabbing Thor, before throwing him down the hill. "Thor! No!" Jane reached for her lover, and I noticed Malekith take the bait, walking toward us. Loki proceed to kick Thor in the stomach, "you really think I cared about Frigga, about any of you? All I ever wanted was you and Odin dead at my feet!" Now it was time for the illusion as Thor reached out for mjlonir, and Loki cut away the fake hand, Thor falsely screaming out in pain, Jane rushing to his side. Loki reached down, taking hold of her, turning to face our opponent. "Malekith, I am Loki of Jotunheim and I bring you a gift!" He threw Jane at his feet, "I ask only one thing in return, a good seat from which my lady and I can watch Asgard burn." Loki wrapped his arm around my waist this time, and I was quick to mask my surprise at both his action and his words. Frigga's killer spoke to his leader, my mind making sense of the language I had never heard, finding he'd confirmed we were locked up in Asgard's dungeons.

"Your lady?" Malekith's chuckle caught all of us off guard, but we remained in our places, even when he stepped over Jane, reaching out for me. Loki was quick to stand in his way, but I placed a hand on his shoulder. "Who are you?" I stepped forwards, searching Malekith's eyes for answers. "I am your father." I felt my heart rage at his response, shaking my head.

"Impossible, I am a frost giant."

"Your mother was too." He informed, but my lack of trust made me shake my head.