Im not gonna let anything happen to her

Maddie and Chase just got back to their apartment from work and it was around 6:00 PM. Chase sat down on the couch with Milo. "I'm gonna run to the store to get some food quickly I'll be back" said Maddie. "You want me to come with you?" "No it's ok you look pretty comfy" said Maddie as she walked over to kiss Chase and then out the door. Maddie got in her car and drove to the store. Once she got there this car parked next to her but she really didn't think anything about it. She got out of the car and walked in the store. She went to the frozen food isle and got some chicken and broccoli. The store was pretty empty and there was only one other man that was in the isle with her. She started walking to the dessert isle because she wanted to get some brownies and cookies to make with Chase but realized that the man that was in the isle with her kept following her after every turn that she made in the store. She was too nervous to say anything to anyone and she didn't want to stop to call or text someone so she just kept walking until she got to the register. The man also went to a register and paid for his stuff. She finished checking out before him so she went out of the store as quickly as possible. She heard someone coming out right behind her and looked back and it was the man. She kept walking quicker and quicker to her car almost to the point of running. She was so nervous and felt it was so unfair that the one time she wanted to go food shopping by herself as a girl something like this happens. She got in her car and started it as the man came closer and closer. Before she was able to leave he banged against her window really hard, it didn't break, but it was very loud and scary. She finally zoomed off and went on her way home. She called Chase because she was so shaken up.

"Hey what's up?"

"I'm on my way home but I don't even know what just happened I- I think someone was following me or something and then they banged and my window and I'm just- I don't know."

"Hey, hey it's ok did anything happen are you ok?"

"Yes but all I got was dinner I didn't even get what I was going to get and you wanted me to get cookies but I didn't because this man was following me and I'm sorry I wish-"

"Don't get upset, it's ok, I promise. Just come right home. Do you wanna stay on the phone until you get here?"

"No it's ok I'll be fine."

"Ok call me if anything happens I love you."

Maddie hung up the phone and was just so frustrated with what just happened. All she wanted was food that's it and she got followed around the whole store. It was crazy and disgusting to her. She finally got to the parking garage and went up to Chases room to drop off the two things she was able to get at the store. She walked in and Chase came right over and gave her a big hug and kiss. "You sure you're ok?" "Yeah but I only got 2 things and I wanted to get more stuff and I couldn't even get anything you asked me to get because of this stupid old dude" said Maddie clearly flustered. "Maddie I really don't care as long as you're ok that's all I care about I'm serious." "Ok" Maddie said walking away disappointed. Chase pulled her back by her arm and gave her a kiss on the forehead. They ended up cuddling on the couch with Milo and watching smurfs one of Maddie's favorite movies. She fell asleep on him and he just looked at the girl below him and thought "I'm never gonna let anything happen to her."