Lesson 1

"Alright everyone. Stances is what we'll be working on today." I said grabbing some brooms.

"Awe. When can we hit something?" Eagle Eye asked.

"As soon as you learn the stances." I laughed. 

"Why????...That's so boring."

"I'm here to teach you. Not get you hurt." I grinned as I held a broom myself. "Now. Follow my lead." 

"One!" I straddled my legs and had the end of the broom facing the students. "Zero!" I said back up to the starting position.

"One!" I yelled. Some of the students were losing their balance. So, I increased the speed of the stance and back to normal. Then, I began to go behind them correcting their stances. We did that for the first half of class.

"How long do we have to do this for?" Squinter was complaining.

"Until, you can handle changing these stances without falling over. You need to be prepared for everything, and anything at all times." I was facing away from the students with my hands behind my back. I heard something that caught my eye. I now heard a few more set of footsteps. Roughly...6.  One of the footsteps became faster. I slightly looked over my shoulder with my eyes as I took the broom I had in my hand grabbing it on each end spinning around. I placed the broom across the person's chest slamming him flat on the ground.

I looked up at the students as Gustav was lying on the ground.

"Like so." I looked up as I saw Eret laughing.

"Told you not to do it." He laughed.

"No you didn't." He groaned.

"Yeah, I know." I helped him up.

"So kind of you to be a demonstration." I smiled happily.

"Not a problem..." He was rubbing his head trying to catch his breath.

"So, what brings you to my class today?" I looked at all of them.

"I'm in charge of watching you remember?" Eret had his arms folded.

"Right." I rolled my eyes. I do not need a babysitter. 

" Anyway. Class. Go get some food. Be back in 20!" They sighed in relief as they left the arena right away.

"Sorry Gustav. Didn't mean to hurt you." I placed my hand on his shoulder.

"Believe me he does worse to himself." Spitelout laughed.

"It's true!" Gustav laughed.

"What do you plan on teaching them when they come back?" Eret asked.

"Honestly? I haven't the slightest clue." I laughed. "Have you heard anything from Dagur?" I added.

"No, not yet. Without dragons it takes a little while to get a letter back and fourth now." He said looking at me suspiciously.

"After all the bad he did? You forgave him?" 

"I didn't know the bad he did. Until, after I knew what he did for me." I paused for a minute picking up sticks. "I mean. Come one really. I turned out okay didn't I?" I laughed. 

"Yeah, I suppose so. Still have a lot to learn though." 

"I have a lot to learn? I don't expect anything from anyone for free. I don't ask for help but, I'm not afraid to ask for help either. I'm not afraid to be daring and live life to the fullest. But, I also know when it's time to play it safe. Not much else I can learn. I mean, I loved and forgiven one of the most wanted Vikings in all of the Archipelago. What more can I learn?" I laughed.

"Hm, Berk has a funny way of helping you learn things you never knew you didn't know. Give it time." He grinned as my students came running back in. I shooed Eret out giving us privacy for the next lesson.