Chapter 3: Memories

Third Person { POV }

Aaren woke up and ran to his room to see Hazel yelling loudly while trashing in her sleep.

Aaren ran to her and took her gently in his arms.

"Hey! Shh, it's just a bad dream, calm down. I'm here-I'm here." He mumbled, trying to wake her up from this what's a nightmare without freaking her out.

Hazel woke up, gasping for air, her grey eyes opening on alert, wide with fear. Her eyes finally found Aaren's, her bottom lip trembled, then she cried out while hugging him tightly.

After a while she calmed down, so Aaren sized that opportunity to ask her what's wrong.

"What happened!? What did you see?" Aaren questioned, quietly, trying to not disturb her.

"Som.. someone was behind me, trying to ch... chase me, I-I was running away from him, into the woods, it.. it was a wolf, who was also shaped like a human, suddenly I slipped, it was an awful nightmare, Aaren, I was so scared," Hazel explained with tears rolling down her flushed cheeks.

"Shh it's okay, I'm here don't be afraid." Aren comforted her and put her in a lying position on the bed, and laid next to her.

Hazel was asleep in minutes, holding Aaren's hand, Aaren was staring at her when suddenly, the wind passed through the curtains from the open window.

Hazel's hair disturbed her face, so Aaren softly took her hair and put it behind her ear, and slept next to her, holding her tightly, protecting her, as if she would escape if he ever let her go.

Morning 8:00 am

Hazel wakes up and looks at Aaren, that was holding her hand and her all night, she softly smiled. And removed herself from him.

Hazel got up and walked towards the window, she opened the curtains and sunshine crept inside, she softly smiled when it touched her face.

But to Aaren, sunlight was disturbing his face, he blinked a couple of times, trying to get rid of the light. But nothing happened, so he slowly woke up, blinking repeatedly.

"Rise and shine," Hazel said with a big grin.

"Good morning, you seem quite happy today." Aaren smiled back.

"Yes, it's a beautiful morning," Hazel said blinking.

Someone suddenly knocked on the door, "Aaren it's me June!" June exclaimed.