Chapter 31

The sun was shining, the birds were singing and I arrived at UA. I walked around the school for a few minutes and honestly the school was really big, how do people even remember the locations of the whole building and stuff? Cause I sure don't.

After walking around for a while, I finally found what seems to be the classrooms for the first years.

That's when I bumped into this dude with the straightest posture I've seen. He has dark blue hair and dark blue eyes along with glasses that accentuates his squarish jaw.

He immediately bowed down, apologising multiple times after that.

"Uhh, it's fine?" I said after seeing his attention grabbing act. Luckily, no one's here due to how early it was.

"I'm sorry! I am Iida Tenya from class 1A, nice to meet you, school mate!" Exclaimed Iida as he aggressively karate chopped the air.

"I- it's nice meeting you as well and I'm from class 1C." I scratched my neck and marvelled at how passionate (?) he was.

"It's nice to see another school mate of mine arriving early! None of my classmates have even arrived! We shall set a good example for them!" Said Iida as he continued to chop the air.

"...Sure?" I uncertainly replied, then awkwardly waved at him and left.

Ah, my social inept showed just now, oh well. I entered the empty class 1C classroom then chose a random seat to sit down on.

~

I sat down in the auditorium along with all the other classes except for a certain class and that certain class was class 1A as heard from my classmates' speculations.

I looked at Shinso who sat down beside me.

"Do you know why class 1A is not here? I mean it's the entrance ceremony, so they should be here, right?"

"Dunno." Shinso just shrugged. Oh well, I guess it'll be revealed why they weren't here after a while.

~

Turns out class 1A skipped out on the entrance ceremony due to some quirk apprehension test. One thought filled my head, but what about class 1B? Weren't they both classified as the heroic course? How come class 1A gets the treatment of skipping out on the entrance ceremony?

I was walking along the hallways in order to get to the bathroom when I heard an explosion coming out of a classroom. An explosion? I peeked my head into the room and saw a pinkette laughing manically whilst tinkering with a gadget of some kind.

"Ah, it seems my baby isn't working due to this....." mumbled the girl as she flipped over the gadget only to tinker more with it.

The girl suddenly looked over.

"Hey! You!" Shouted the girl as she pointed in my direction.

I looked behind me and saw no one.

"You mean me?" I asked as I pointed to myself hesitantly.

"Yes! You! Would you mind coming over to test this out?"

I was thinking about it since her gadget looked really cool and steampunk lik———

I felt a warm sensation in my right hand? I looked down at it. Oh wait, she actually came over and grabbed my hand! Well, guess I don't have a choice then, so I let her drag me into the metal smelling room.

"Thanks! Here is my baby, put it on your wrists. Ah, you don't know how to get it on huh, I'll help you."

"You sure it's safe?" I inquired as she stepped closer to help me get her 'child' on my wrist. She was too close for my comfort, but luckily she stepped away after putting her 'baby' on me. That was a weird sentence to think about.

"Not sure if it's safe. But oh well, try it."

She wasn't sure if it was safe?! Hmm... at least I can look cool dying with a cool looking steampunk esque gadget.

That's when a teacher or a man came into the room.

"I leave for a few minutes and you already got another student to be a tester." Said a man as he shook his head in disapproval?

That man was half naked with a large yellow excavator claw on his head. Probably a teacher if I had to guess as he wasn't dressed in UA uniform.

"Okay, let's start this! Press the red button whilst facing the wall!"

I did just that and a laser came out of the gadget. That was really cool, the neon green light that came out was buzzing with energy.

"Yay! It didn't explode this time!"

"Hatsume Mei, I repeat, you shouldn't use your school mates as test subjects without their permission." Huffed the teacher in desperation.

"But teach! That isn't cool. Plus, experimenting more means more results, yes?"

"It's Powerloader to you. But yes, by experimenting more, you'll be able to garner more results."

I turned off the laser, took off the gadget then returned it to her.

"Thank you, I've been waiting for someone to test these out instead of just me. Would you mind to test out this small pile as well?"

I looked over to the small pile of gadgets pushed towards the corner of the room.

"They're all yours? You made these all in one day?" I asked.

"Yup! Though some of them can definitely be better!"

"Now, now. Try them on." Exclaimed Hatsume in excitement as she forced some of them on me.

I just sighed at the end of it all.