Chapter 1

On a chilly Gotham night, a slim blue-haired girl was walking down the street her heels clicking and clacking as she goes.

Click
Clack
Click
Clack

She suddenly turns into an alleyway and looks around and sighs. "You know for being called the league of assassins you sure suck at assassinating me," she calls out and she is suddenly surrounded by members of the league and another woman. "Hello, Marinette long time no see," Marinette rolls her eyes "Not long enough Talia," the woman study each other for a bit then "I want you to join the league," Talia suddenly says, Marinette only raises an eyebrow "You always say that and I always say the same thing in return and I'll say it again why would I do that?" The brunette laughs "Cause if you don't I will kill everyone you care about," Now it's the bluenette's turn to laugh "Impossible I don't care about anyone," Talia frowns. "Tom Dupain, Gina Dupain, Sabine Cheng, Rolland Dupain, Wang Cheng, just to name a few." Marinette's face never changes "The same statement as before I don't care for anyone, just cause you named people who share my blood does not mean I love or care for them. Anyone else you want to name just for me to laugh in your face," Talia's face hardens "Fine Adrien Agrest, Chloé Bourgeois, Alya Césaire, Nino Lahiffe, Lê Chiên Kim, Alix Kubdel, Max Kanté," She only rolls her eyes, "Like I said I don't care for anyone, just like they don't care for me," she starts to walk off but stops when Talia starts to speak "A 15-year-old girl gets one of the most powerful artifacts in history and uses it to save the world, loved by all in both civilian and hero forms. Then one day a liar comes along and tells pretty stories and suddenly she is hated, but at least she still has being a hero and her family. Suddenly the liar gets to her family as well and she is disowned at 17. Maybe her partner will stay with her she thinks, at least until the final battle where her partner, betrayers her in hopes of wishing his mother back to life and for the love of the girl who while cared for him never loved him in return. He fails and the girl wins by the skin of her teeth before disappearing never to be seen again. Unknown to most she left her past self behind and changed her name to Marinette Fu and moved to Gotham. Where she now lives in the shadows away from anyone's prying eyes," Marinette never turns back "why are you telling me this, I lived through it?" Talia smiles "Because once a hero always a hero, no matter what you'll save the people who turned their backs on you." Marinette smirks "That's where you're wrong, you either die a hero or live long enough to become a villain, and guess what I'm more than okay with being the villain. I've lived long enough to know the only person worth saving is yourself," "I doubt you don't have someone who you care for and when I find them I'll kill them for your lack of cooperation," Marinette doesn't talk for a bit "Talia, who do you care for?" Talia doesn't say anything at first "Despite what they believe I do care for my beloved and son," Marinette laughs "So do you live for them? Or would you die for them?" she doesn't answer instead she just asks Marinette the same thing "For that one person you care for what do you do? Do you live for them or would you die for them?" She doesn't respond for a bit "Impossible question I don't have anyone to live for or die for, so I'm not living or dying I'm just alive," she answers before walking away. Talia just watches Marinette walk away her heels making that distinctive noise as she walks.

Click
Clack
Click
Clack

She suddenly stops before exiting all the way, "You bats are horrible at hiding," Marinette calls out before she keeps going.

Click
Clack
Click
Clack

"Talia, what are you doing here?" Batman asks as he shows himself, some of the others joining him, as the rest continue patrol or follow Marinette. "Why are you asking me, you saw the exchange beloved," she states back he only sighs, "why is she important?" Talia looks at him "Figure it out," before she and the rest of the assassins leave.

Click
Clack
Click
Clack

"Where'd she go?" Red hood whispers to Red Robin, who only shrugs in return when they can't see her or hear her heels. "Behind you," is whispered in their ears, both boys turn to attack only to see their target. "Hey," she says holding her heels in hand. They only study her for a bit before she sighs and pulls out a card and hands it to Red Hood, "Tell Batman to just call me, I don't want trouble I just want to be left alone, and the quicker you question me the faster I can get back to that." He takes the card and both boys read it

Lady Luck's Designs
'Marinette Fu'
###-###-####

When they turn back she's gone and in the distance, they can hear her heels walking away.

Click
Clack
Click
Clack