1

Taehyung was only five years old when he first met you.

At first glance, he thought you looked ridiculous in that little pink dress of yours.

You had your hair tied up in pigtails and you were sucking on a baby blue pacifier.

He disliked the idea of his mother always having you over.

Because in Taehyung's rule book, girls have nothing but diseases that can make boys like him go crazy.

And he thinks you've already infected his brother.

Whenever his older brother complimented you with with a sweet tone, he'd simply blanch.

Years eventually passed by and Taehyung had started getting used to you being around.

Present

Your mother's throwing a huge party for your seventh birthday and everyone's invited.

Including your precious best friend: Tae.

After sliding in your outfit for the day, with the help of your sister, you race out of your room and down the staires.

The party's scheduled to start in about an hour. Which means Taehyung should be here any minute now.

He promised he'd help you blow some balloons and place the tiara on your head.

"Well, if it isn't the birthday girl." Aunt Mia cooes when she sees you.

You approach her with a huge grin stretched across your face.

She's your favorite amongst your whole family.

"Auntie, you came."

"I wouldn't miss it for the world." She responds, opening her arms for a hug.

You run to her and instantly melt into her embrace. The familiar smell of lavender tickles  your nose causing you to giggle.

It's been two months since you've last seen her so the hug lasted for a minute before she decides to pull back.

Her soft hand cupping your cheek, she smiles and says. "Why don't you go play with your cousins while I help out your mom in the kitchen?"

Nodding your head to the suggestion, you stand on your tippy toe to quickly peck her cheek before racing for the backyard.

Your cousin Hoseok's the first one the notice you and he calls you out with a grin. "Y/n!"

He's blowing birthday balloons together your other cousins: Juran and Hansun.

"Happy Birthday little couz." Juran abandons his place beside the table filled with balloons to pull you for a hug.

He's five years older than you and basically the brother you never had.

While Hoseok's nice and all, he teases you a lot.

Hansun's the youngest in the Jung family and you don't get along very well.

He just turned seven last month.

"How does it feel to finally turn seven?" Juran asks, lifting you. He let's you sit on the table and eyes you expectantly.

"It feels nice. Mommy says I'm a big girl now." You sat with a cheeky grin. The top of your nose suddenly turns red when you out a sneeze.

Hoseok ends up chuckling before saying. "Just because auntie said you're a big girl doesn't mean you can have a boyfriend okay? You're not allowed to have one. Ever."

The statement earns an agreeing nod from Juran and he eyes you with a stern gaze. "He's right. So we better not hear you bringing in some random boy home anytime soon. You got that?"

It's at that moment the backyard entrance opens to reveal the Kim family.

Taehyung enters first with his parents right behind him.

You urge Juran to quickly put you down with a whine and the boy does so with a sigh.

Once you're on the ground, you quickly raise for Taehyung.

"You're here!" There's no words to describe how excited you are. Now you're birthday can officially start.

"Hi sweetie." Mrs Kim chimes with a smile that can melt hearts. "Happy birthday."

"Thank you, auntie."

Taehyung huffs under his breath when his parents excuse themselves. They're probably gonna help out in the kitchen as well. Now its just you and your best friend.

"Do you wanna go to my room, Tae?" You ask with a tilt of your head. He's making that face again. Where he has his lips pinched into a thin line and his eyes narrowed down.

He seems to be in a bad mood.

"Did something happen?" You ask with curiosity in your voice. Whoever made your Tae angry, you'll make them pay for it.

"No." He finally answers after a long pause. Then he takes your hand and begins dragging you to the house.

"I want to sleep."

You blink your eyes. "But my birthday party starts in one hour."

"I'll be awake by then."

You nod your head and welcome him to your room.

The bright colors makes him cringe momentarily and you notice it.

You realize  Taehyung's not a fan when it comes to the color pink.

"You can rest in my bed. I'll be downstairs if you need me."

Just as you're about to leave, Taehyung circles your wrist with his hand again.

"Why?"

"I'm gonna help blow balloons. Mommy bought a unicorn one and I wanna blow it."

He throws you off gaurd when he suddenly glares. "You're leaving me alone?"

Leave him alone? You're just heading outside. That doesn't mean you're gonna leave him.

Giving him a toothy grin, you shake your head. "I'm not leaving. I'll just be outside."

Taehyung's expression remains the same. "You're leaving me."

This time when he speaks, it's like he's expecting you to change your answer.

He's never done that before so it surprises you.

"I guess I can stay."

You slide from his grip and climb up on your bed, patting it. Taehyung follows and gets under the covers while you reach for the story book on your nightstand.

"I'll wait until you fall asleep." You tell him, swinging your legs back and forth on the edge of the bed. "Then I'll leave."

"If you're not here when I wake up." He breaths out in a voice low and firm. "I'll give you a reason to never leave me again."