Chapter 14

"Daeva said tonight

"Daeva said tonight." I finish telling Elizabeth all the information Daeva had given me.

"And why are we trusting her?" Elizabeth asked, glancing at me.

"It's better to be safe then sorry. If she's right, we know we can trust her. So please put this place on lockdown. Get some more men to guard the place and shoot anyone who attempts to break in." I say to Elizabeth.

She nods and I stand up walking to Shay's room.

I knock three times and wait for Shay to answer.

"Come in." I hear her faint voice say.

I open the door and see Shay sitting in the bed cuddled up in a blanket. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying, I could tell she tried to cover it up. She was sipping some tea and watching The Vampire Diaries, which I paused when I walked to the bed.

"Shay I know you just need a night to rest, but tonight your father plans on kidnapping you back and doing torture methods again." I softly speak. I see her flinch at the word torture and I more than ever want to kill anyone who touched her in those few weeks.

"Okay, how did you find out all of this information." Shay sits up and sets her tea on the table.

"Daeva told me." I respond.

"You believe her?" Shay asks stunned.

After I don't say anything, she scoffs and shakes her head looking down.

"I know it's crazy but we have to take some precautions. You can talk to her yourself if you need to." I say to her.

"Fine, I want to talk to Daeva." Shay stands up and starts walking to the door.

Was it smart? I don't know. For all we know, Daeva could have been apart of the torture. What we do know is she is the cause of Shay's disappearance with her father. All of us would much rather torture her until her last breath, so how is it we have a normal conversation with her?

"Okay then." I sigh and walk out of the room.

-Shay's pov-

I scrunch my nose at the smell of the cell. She had definitely been here for while. Stepping over the pile of waste, I walk over to Daeva sitting in the corner.

"So they finally got you?" Daeva coughs.

"They did, yes." I smile a little.

"You should be somewhere safe you know." She says to me.

"I should, yet I'm here to talk to you."

"Okay what's up?"

"Why are you helping us?" I ask her.

"Because I didn't know what I was doing Shay." Daeva sits up. "I thought Roman loved me, I really did. But he made me think he did, and he used me for everything. Now he doesn't give a shit about me. I don't want forgiveness, but I want to do the right thing before I die." 

-Zach's pov-

Shay was in the cell for hours before she came out. She ended up giving Daeva a room, and asking her to clean up. Elizabeth has agreed to let Daeva tell her all the plans.

"Okay so what's the plans?" Elizabeth pulls her chair towards Daeva, looking over everything.

"He's building an army. He wants to attack both mafias and take them both over. If he doesn't kidnap Shay now, the army will be formed and they will attack when it's created. As it is being created they will stay quiet." Daeva explains to the group. "If you give me a map I can show you all the meeting headquarters and now that you have access to his computer you'll see his upcoming meetings."

"So what do we do before he created an army?" I ask.

"You guys need to come up with something quick, this is all I know." Daeva looks at me and then Shay. "Your father is after you too." She says.

"Not surprised." Is all Shay responds with.

Suddenly a guard rushes in with a panic expression.

"We're under attack." He shouts.

Everyone jumps up and grabs weapons. Elizabeth runs to the door and locks it quickly, before walking back over.

"We need someone helping Shay, she is their target." She says looking over us.

"Daeva will. Zach, you and Elizabeth are better off not with me, you can't have something to look after when you guys are people he doesn't care die." Shay speaks up. I look at her like she grew two heads, but her expression didn't change.

"I'll keep her safe, I promise." Daeva looks at me, grabbing a gun from Elizabeth. Looking between them both, I finally nod my head and look over at Elizabeth waiting for the signal to move.

As soon as she nods, we all run opposites ways.