Family (2) 🧡

Words: 2,497

-----

The marauders took the long way back to the dorm, enjoying the feeling of being together again and back at Hogwarts. It was relaxing, finally getting to slip away from the danger of the war, even if it was for just a small amount of time. Because soon Dumbledore would be trying to get kids to fight for him since he can't get off his lazy ass and do it himself.

Remus never openly expressed his dislike for Dumbledore since the man gave him an education. Sometimes that fact only made his dislike grow more because the only reason he was given a place at Hogwarts was that after school ends, he'll need him to recruit werewolves and to recruit he'll need to know magic.

Again, because he was too selfish and lazy to do it himself.

Remus pushed away these thoughts. He was joking around with James and Peter and had his whole world in his right hand. This was all he needed to be happy.

"I read some over the summer," Remus said. "To properly execute flooding the common room you'd have to have many people help out with aguamenti. We could form like a meeting and get all the houses in on it. Y'know, payback on the Slytherins for all their tormenting."

Sirius grinned, bringing his and Remus' entwined hands to his lips and kissing his knuckles softly. "You're always the brains behind our greatest pranks, Moonykins."

"Call me Moonykins one more time I'll tear you to shreds and feed you to the giant squid."

"Love you too Moonykins."

(Let's just say Sirius couldn't walk without a limp the next day- and no he wasn't beaten.)

-----

The Howell twins seemed content even if slightly frightened at Hogwarts. The prefects and head boy and girl warned them about The Marauders but they caught on soon enough.

Embry was fairly shy, always tucking into herself with a sketchbook or working on some kind of art activity. Romulus was sort of the opposite, loud and unashamedly speaking his mind. The boy reminded Remus of James, but he was definitely jumpier and couldn't sit still. At least you could get James in the library to study for a good hour.

Romulus was also tall for his age. Remus pouted at that. Even if he was the tallest of the marauders, he did start the shortest, even shorter than Peter.

Sirius was sitting on one of the large red sofas, Remus sitting between his legs on the floor. The black-haired male noticed that his boyfriend was biting his lip nervously and glancing at the Howell twins every so often. He frowned, deciding to wait until the twins left to ask.

Twenty or so minutes later the twins went to bed and so did a few other Gryffindors here and there. They were left alone in the quiet common room, night falling outside and the fire slowly dying.

"Rem?"

Remus hummed, leaning his head back to look up at Sirius. "Yeah, babe?"

"You're staring at the Howell twins." Sirius reached out to brush some of his tawny fringe away from his forehead. "Did they annoy you? Want me to yell at them?"

Remus snorted, standing up so he can sit next to Sirius. "Okay, this is going to sound weird, but promise you won't freak out."

Sirius looked at him curiously but also slightly worried. "Stop it you're scaring me Moons. What's wrong?"

Remus sighed, breaking eye contact so he didn't have to look him in the eye. "It's about my family."

Sirius blinked. Remus never talks about his family, the only thing they know about him is that he's a half-blood. Remus looked down, fiddling with the rings on Sirius' fingers, one of which is the promise ring he got him a few months ago for their second anniversary.