17. | 𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙

"oh? moving quickly, are we?"

kita quickly pulled away, turning to atsumu with a faint crimson dusting his cheeks. he walked over to the setter, taking the bag of sweets whilst doing so. somehow reclaiming his usual dull expression, he wordlessly stretched his arm out to atsumu, the brown bag clutched in his palm. he firmly pressed it onto the blonde's chest, the setter having no choice but to accept it with both hands.

 shinsuke retrieved his hand, his voice stern as he spoke,

"share this with the team, say one thing about what you saw and i'm giving you extra laps."

"g-got it, c-captain!"

atsumu quickly turned to the door with the bag in his arms, suddenly coming face-to-face with a confused aran, who stood at the gym's doorway. you were the first to greet him, lightly waving.

"oh! ojiro-san, hello."

he briefly nodded at you, a smile painting his face. his gaze moved to kita, then to the bag in atsumu's grasp.

"what's going on?" he questioned, taking a step forward and closing the door behind him. "shinsuke, where were you? coach was looking for you,"

"l/n-san brought us dessert, so atsumu told me to help her find her way to the gym,"

your eyes widened at his words, eyes moving to the spot where atsumu was, only to find nothing.

'damn it, the brat got away before i could beat his ass.'

aran sighed, playfully rolling his eyes at the setter's antics.

"come on, loverbirds," he turned back to the gym, sliding the door open, "i'm sure they'll be happy to see you again."

the boy entered without another word, leaving you to process what he said,

"loverbirds?" you whispered, face heating up at the thought of you and kita being referred to with the title,

shinsuke, on the other hand, seemed to be unfazed by it, rather pleased with the idea.

he turned to you, chuckling at your blushing appearance. he stepped closer to you, gently patting your head.

"you seem a bit flustered, l/n-san," he cheekily grinned, walking to the first few steps of the stairs and ushering you to follow him. you watched him smirk through his words, his arm outstretched to you, "let's go, the kids are waiting."

your face grew red, bashfully accepting his arm as you walked up the steps. you avoided his eyes, playfully slapping his shoulder as the two of you walked up the steps.

"don't say embarrassing things like that, kita-san."

he half-mindedly hummed in response, stepping into the gym with you following behind. your presence earned a few stares from the team, but you were too flustered to notice.

kita motioned to the same bench you sat on yesterday, side-eyeing you.

"you can wait there again, unless you wanna sit with our coach," he raised an eyebrow at you, nodding his head in the direction of their coach, "we have another coach, but he's not here today."