the exception

song: the exception by olivia rodrigo (unreleased)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

the teen couple laid in finn's backyard under the moonlit sky simply looking at the stars. y/n's head was placed on finn's chest while his hand rested on her leg. led zeppelin was playing lowly while finn hummed to the beat. the girl listening to the vibrations coming from his chest bring her peace & comfort.

mary & eric wolfhard looked at their son & the girl from their bedroom window.

although mary wasn't used to seeing her son growing up, she couldn't help but notice that y/n changed finn for the better.

with that mary spoke up & said, "eric, i hope finn & y/n stay together. she's a good girl & she makes him happy. i really hope it works out for them."

"i agree, but they're just kids being kids. what the hell do they know?" eric said.

the same thing was said within the media. "they're just kids." the media always thought that the actor didn't know what he was doing by being with someone who wasn't in the industry like him. but finn didn't care, he truly did love y/n & she's all that mattered to him.

& it was the same way with y/n. she constantly saw news articles about their relationship.

"who is finn wolfhard's girlfriend?"
"finn wolfhard dating a girl from back home?"
"everything you need to know about y/n l/n & who she is to finn wolfhard"

it did overwhelm the girl a bit because she liked keeping a low profile & news articles about her didn't help that. but she knew that this is what came along with her love for finn & she was okay with it. as long as the boy was by her side, everything was alright.

there were also comments on her instagram about how she didn't deserve to be with the boy. she'd constantly be told that she ruined ships that finn was apart of. although it was stupid & she has never said anything about them, she always saw them. it did hurt the girl but finn was always there to reassure her that she deserves the word & more.

"y/n?" the boy spoke up interrupting his humming.

"yes finn?" the girl responded.

"you're so amazing. i'd literally do anything for you. you mean like the whole world & more to me." the boy said with a nervous chuckle.

y/n's heart fluttered. she lifted her head off of his chest & fixed her body to now face him. the girl smiled at him.

"i love you y/n." he said to continue while grabbing her hands.

finn loved the way way y/n's hands fit in his. he always thought it was as if her's were made for his.

"i love you too finn." the girl loved the boy so much that she was scared & finn felt the same way about y/n. heck if she told him that she needed to run away, he'd leave everything behind just to be with her.

the couple shared a quick kiss. finn then placed kisses all over the girl's neck. the girl laughing at the way each kiss tickled her skin. his face came up to meet with hers & smiled at the girl. he picked a flower that was growing from the grass they sat apon & placed it in y/n's hair.

y/n & finn have heard so many stories of unsuccessful love. right person, wrong time. cheating. heart break. people have said that young love is either a loss or a lesson, nothing real.

but they both truly believed that they were going to grow old together. they always wanted to be here with each other.

he placed a kiss on the girl's forehead. he then proceeded to cradle y/n in his arms while both teens admired each other.

in that moment, the boy & the girl's hearts told them that they're were gonna be the exception.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

a/n! i feel like i didn't do this song justice :,) but lol i hoped you like it <3.