Chapter 1

John's POV:

'So what should I do?'

'Well first of all, that prick is going to ambush me if I went with him to the Turf Wars Battleground. So I should probably avoid him at all cost'.

'Second is Sera... she is coming back early to surprise me. But if I let her do that, no doubt those people who disabled her ability will get her. Maybe I should call her not to come? But that would be too suspicious... I also should tell her about my ability...'

I got out off bed and put on my uniform. I then see my hair gel on the cabinet. I looked at the mirror and thought 'Should I use the gel?'. I checked the clock to see I still have 45 minutes left before school starts. 'I could but I don't care about my hair anymore.  I walked to school and prepared for my classes.

I see a pink haired girl and a redhead. 'Oh yeah, I should also probably apologize for slapping her. She might be naive and ignorant but she still tried to help me unlike a certain pumpkin head and yellow p-'. Suddenly I felt the wind knocked out of me as I see a mid-tier punched me in my guts. I looked up and saw two mid-tiers. 'Shit, I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings'.

"HEY, CRIPPLE. WHAT YOU LOOKING AT!". I feel so pissed as I looked up to see that the two mid-tiers were the ones who kidnapped Sera. But I had to control myself or else I will lose everything again. "Oh sorry, I was looking at you wondering how ugly the rest of your family must be t-". Before I get to finish, the mid-tier was gunning for me and was about to hit me. So I had dodged but then my passive detected a second mid-tier behind me. So I had to dodge that as well. And the projectile missed and caused a bit of damage to the wall. 'What the fuck, are they trying to kill me?'. I then ran away with my books and papers, and got into class.

'Phew, I was a lucky today'. 'But it was weird that last time in my past life, I don't think I was attacked in the morning. If I had learnt anything from documentaries about time travel, this should be that thing called the butterfly effect. Weird how that happens'.

After class had finished, I tried my best not to get in trouble by sneaking away to my classes and hidden spaces. I see a reddish-pink haired girl alone being bullied by a mid-tier. 'Wait, isn't that girl one of Sera's friends? I remember her name is Evie. They went to say hi to me but that was when I was breaking down and I had pushed them away'. 'Maybe I should try to befriend them'.

So I tackled the mid-tier and he was caught off guard. He tried to use his ability but before he got to I punched him in the face. Then I punched him again. And again and again and again until he was knocked unconscious. I was about to continue then I heard a voice said "Please! You can stop now!".

I looked to my left and see Evie looking at me a bit anxious and nervous. 'Oh shit, I lost control' I thought to myself. Evie and I had a awkward moment of silence until she said "Umm, thanks John".

I replied to her "Yeah no problem Evie".

Evie looked at me confused and said "How do you know my name?".

'Shit, I forgot I haven't encountered her yet. Wait, how do she know me then?'. I questioned her back "And how do you know mine?".

Evie said "Well, you are the infamous school cripple, of course I know you. And the fact that you can stand up for yourself with no abilities is so cool!"

"Oh yeah, I guess I kinda forgot about being infamous".

"How do you even forget that? And by the way, when are you going to carry the KO'd body?".

"Um I guess now. Evie, can you help?".

"Yeah sure".

Evie's POV:

After John and I carried the body to the infirmary and had the scary nurse  heal us. John was able to leave immediately since he sustained no injuries from the fight.

'John was so cool and he looked great without his gelled hair' I thought to myself. After drinking the tonic Nurse Darren gave to me, I laid down on the bed and went I sleep.

John's POV:

After leaving the infirmary, I was thinking about what to do with Arlo until I bumped into someone.
'Oh fuck me, I really had to bump into Arlo right now?'.
When I looked up from the floor, I saw Remi instead of what I thought was Arlo. Wait, this is good, I have to apologize to Remi for that time.

Remi's POV:

"Ouch that hurt" I exclaimed, I looked up and see that gold yellow eyes were looking at me. I looked at his hair and face and confirmed that it was John.

Last time we met, it didn't went so well and I end up getting slapped. So I am guessing he was going to be angry about this as well.

"Ah, sorry about that" I muttered. I raised up and was about to walk away when I hear

"Wait, can we talk?".

I looked at John and he was standing and he looked confidently into my eyes.

"Oh sure, what do you wanna talk about?" I said.

"Well, I kinda wanted to say sorry about what I did last time. I wasn't thinking correctly" he muttered while slowly looking away nervously.

'Honestly, I wasn't that bothered by it, but what made him snap like that?' I thought.

"Hey John, its alright, but I just wanted to know, why did you slap me?"

Upon hearing my question, John had looked away from my eyes but I can see in his eyes, there were tons of pain and guilt.

"Well, I mistook you for someone but its honestly a mistake on my part. I am sorry" John said. After that John took a step and was about to walk away.

I didn't knew much about John, hell, I barely know anything about him other than his infamous reputation. But I can tell he was suffering. And I won't let him suffer alone.

So I softly shouted "Wait John!".