Remus - Fake Dating

A/N: this took ages to write but it was fun 🙂 feel free to leave requests

Word Count: 1005

"James! That's so unfair, it's not your life!" I protest, throwing my hands up.

"Too bad Y/n. I can't have you getting hurt by him, so I forbid you two from being together. And don't try anything funny behind my back I'm not stupid", he says. I gape at him before turning on my heel and walking away.

I just wanted permission to date Remus since I know how my brother feels about me dating anyone and Moony in general. It wasn't really a negotiation, I already talked to Remus. We'll just sneak around before my annoying older brother can come around to the idea.

"How'd it go, Love?" Remus asks when I walk back into my dorm. I let out a long frustrated sigh as my answer.

"That's how it went. He can be so controlling sometimes. One time I told him I had a crush on a guy when I was in second year and he went and threatened him that if he went near me he would kill him. That's how bad he can be."

"Hey, calm down. Your in fifth year now. I'm not some schoolboy he can get you away from. I'm his best friend and I live right down the hall from you. We can sneak around until he decides that you can control your own life, alright?" He puts a hand on mine after I sit down on the bed next to him.

For the next two months, we snuck behind James' back. It went flawlessly for a while until Sirius decided to walk in on us kissing in the library.

"What the hell!?" Padfoot's voice interrupts us. My instinct is to push Remus off and pretend nothing happened, instead I just freeze.

"I- It's not what it looks like, we were uh..." I struggle to come up with an excuse. Sirius starts laughing and puts a hand on his forehead.

"So this is why you two have been acting weird! Don't worry I won't tell anyone...for a price."

"Name it." Moony says rolling his eyes. Padfoot's smirk grows by about 10x.

"I get to be the one Y/n starts fake dating. James already suspects that you two are together, you need to throw him off. Let me help you." He says in a mischievous tone.

"No way Pads, she's mine and-" 

"Remus, it's adorable when you're protective but this is our only shot, okay? We have to take it." I say, putting my hands on either side of his face. He rolls his eyes again, looking away.

"So do we have a deal?" Sirius asks, chuckling a bit. 

"Yeah we have a deal, don't try anything funny or I'll turn into a werewolf and break your neck." Remus threatens. It was kind of funny, the two boys fighting over me but I didn't dare show it.

"Also, the reason I came here was to tell you we're gonna have a picnic at the quidditch pitch today, just for a change. Anyways, let's get this show on the roaddd." He laughs, taking my hand in his as we walk towards the pitch. I look back at my boyfriend with sorrowful eyes, he looks so pissed off. I can't imagine this will last long.

We arrive at the spot we're having our picnic. "Hey guys, picnic's rea- Merlin!" Lily says, noticing me and Sirius holding hands. He chuckles and I force a giggle.

 He chuckles and I force a giggle

"That's some bad language, Lils. Anyway is there any cheese sandwiches?" I ask innocently, looking around in the basket, Sirius putting his hand around my waist.

"Woah, woah, woah. Are we just gonna ignore the fact that Pads has his arm around my sisters waist!?" My brother asks, confusion and shock written on his face.

"We're dating. Sorry, we've been hiding it from you for a while. My girl was afraid you'd be mad." Sirius answers for both of us, poking me on the cheek. I swat him away, giggling. I can't see Remus' face but I can feel the anger radiating off of him.

"Oh I guess that's okay. I mean, are you sure you aren't just messing with us?" My brother stares at us as he reaches for another ham sandwich.

"I can prove it." Sirius says, smirking. I look at him in shock as he presses his lips against mine. Laughing erupts around us before it's silenced by a shout of anger.

"You are so dead, Black!" Remus shouts, grabbing Sirius by the collar of his shirt. He looked like he was going to single handedly kill him on the spot.

"Remus, no!" I shout, standing up and rushing over to him. "Don't you dare punch Sirius unless you want to sleep alone tonight, 'cause you will if you don't listen!"

Remus looks at Pads and then at me. Letting Padfoot go, he puts his hands on my waist and kisses me. I giggle at his possessiveness. 

"Black and Y/n aren't dating, Y/n and I are. If you have a problem with that I don't care." He practically growls. 

"Umm I guess that's a better pairing than my sister and Snuffles." My brother says laughing. 

"What!? You were so against it two months ago!" I say, raising my voice.

"Yeah, but then I thought it was over. You're not little anymore, and I'm letting you make decisions for yourself. Plus, you're related to me, which means that you've probably been together for two months anyway, you always hated that i made rules. But if you hurt her..." he says pointing at Remus, "You're kicked from the Marauders, understand?" Remus nodded.

"Thank youuu!" I run over to him and give him the biggest bear hug ever. He laughs hugging me back. 

At least that was sorted. We all continued eating lunch and then went back inside where we watched (fav Netflix show) and drank hot chocolate in the common room. Today was a good day