Kargath Bladefist

Prompt: Your struggle with attention is brought to light.

    The first few times you did it the ones who noticed chalked it up to fear. You were being taken in by a clan of opposites to yourself. They were big, you were small. They were loud, you were quiet. The attention was a downside but something you couldn't escape because of your mate. 

His attempt at approaching the situation was to nudge you towards a group of females off to the side and leave you behind, like their kind would a child who refused to socialize. You froze up and just shied away from his people and disappeared more than likely to the trees. When he tried again you were a little more open to it and accepted your fate approaching the women with fidgety hands you introduced yourself and actually managed to get to know them.

"Do you still fear our people?" The more open of the three asked and you couldn't help the tilt of your head in thought. "I don't fear you I just have never been that great at understanding people" was your quiet reply. She only gave a hum in response visibly contemplating your answer but left it alone letting the girl to her right start a conversation. When you got back to the tent Kargath was there sharpening the blade of his hand with an unknown object. His hulking figure managed to make you pause every time you saw it, contemplating if you actually wanted to get closer or keep a distance. He didn't talk much but then again he didn't speak the common language except for a few words here and there.

You knew of his role as chieftain but not much else. You often wondered how he lost his hand or even what it felt like. Was it weird you wanted to feel the rigid stone under your fingers? Or run your hand through his hair? Not to mention someone as large as him was bound to be warm on especially cold nights. You weren't ashamed to admit that you often contemplated closing the space between you and latching onto his warmth.

When you silently approached him and sat on a rock placed right outside of the tent you couldn't help but stare. Was he aware of how he made you feel? The crackling of the fire was tuned out and when he unexpectedly met your gaze, you tense and look instead at your feet muttering an apology. Kargath huffed and shifted on his rock drawing your attention back to him. He lifted your chin forcing you to look at him clearly wanting your attention. When you did his thumb moved to brush against your jaw with a surprising amount of gentleness for someone so big.

Leaning into his touch you held his hand there. He was warm. Your opposite hand trailed from his palm to his forearm slowly. Taking in the feeling of him before it was no longer there, and he let you.