Chapter 1: A New Discovery

??? P.O.V

I was running to school, boy was I late. I kept running until I could see the school in sight. "Jasmine! Where were you?" I heard my friend Charlotte call out.

I panted, and caught my breathe. "I-I o-overslept..." I explained. Charlotte rolled her eyes. "Typical you." Charlotte walked into the school. "Wait for me!" I called out, and ran after my friend.

Once we got in the school, we began chatting about little things. "Well, well, well...." I looked ahead of me. "What do you want, Kennedy?" I asked. Kennedy giggled. "Nothing. You guys just look so hideous with those clothes...what have you been doing? Watching Barbie?" Kennedy said.

I got angry, but Charlotte kept me in place. "You are the Barbie here!" I yelled. "Whatever." Kennedy concluded and walked away. I growled. "That girl."

"I know, but we can't do anything. She's like the school president." Charlotte said. "I wish someone else can be the queen of this school, I mean- no one ever beat her in the summer fest, to be crowned queen of the school." I explained.

"And the summer fest is in a couple of months!"

I sighed. Charlotte reassured me, that everything will be alright, and I agreed. We both walked to class, still thinking about what we should do with Kennedy.

After school

I had just walked out of last period, and got my stuff from my locker. I could barely walk because the night before, I was up all studying for a test. I collected the last of my book, and me and Charlotte walked out of school. "Hey, Jasmine, let's go." Charlotte said. "Hold on, I'm going to the school garden." I said. Charlotte chuckled. I loved the school garden. I go there any chance I get, to stay and breathe the fresh air. I love nature, especially, there.

I walked to my favorite tree, and sat under it. I took out  my diary, and wrote in it. This is like a daily routine for me. And I like it. After I was finished, I stood up, too leave, but as I was walking, I spotted something. Something....glowing.

I walked over to it, slowly, picking it up, within the flowers, and it stopped glowing. It seems like someone lost their....necklace? It had golden chains, and a red heart. I decided to return, but before I moved an inch, a note appeared in my hand.

Dear Jasmine,

This necklace is yours. You deserve it. Keep it safe, and tell no one about this. Once you unlock your power, a companion will help you. Yeah, yeah, your welcome. You're lucky I gave you one of my necklaces from my collection of 10k of them. So don't thank me. No seriously. DON'T SAY IT! I didn't even like the necklace either. I also have some other stuff for you to read on this letter, so keep reading!

So basically I love chocolate, but my favorite flavor is vanilla, I mean- this bully said I look like a banana, when I made up  my own holiday called, 'yellow day' so yeah.

Blah blah blah....

(continues)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stopped reading, I think I got the message, the person who gave it to me didn't have to say those things, but whatever. I got up, and put the note in my bag in case I wanna read the rest of the note.

I put the necklace on, and left for home.

At home....

"Hey, Jasmine" my twin, Kayla greeted. "Hey Kayla" I greeted back. "Watcha got there?" Kayla asked. "Oh, it's nothing. I found it in the school garden. There was this note with weird stuff in it, so I guess the necklace belonged to someone stupid." I explained.

"Oh, ok."

I walked up to my room, and I wanted to test this thing out, to see if the real owner was telling the truth or not about 'powers'. So I rubbed it, tapped it on the table, and all sorts of other stuff, but nothing worked. So I guess this was just a plain old necklace.

But I didn't throw it away, because I liked it.

The next day...

I walked to school, hoping I was early. "Finally! You're here!" Charlotte said. I sighed. "Am I early?" I asked. "Well, for once." Charlotte annoyingly said. I smiled. "Tell me when school starts." I walked past Charlotte.

"Where are you going?" Charlotte asked. "Oh...you know." I said. I kept walking. "This girl..." Charlotte shook her head. I walked to the school garden. Like I said, I love that place a lot. I sat down in my favorite spot, and watched the sun rise higher and higher.

All of a sudden, the necklace started glowing. I thought it was for show, but a portal appeared. I gasped of shock. I walked slowly towards it, but stopping by the entrance. "Why is a portal here?" I asked myself. I looked at my necklace, it was glowing brighter and brighter.

I knew this meant I had to go in. I took a deep breath, and looked back. "I'll be back....hopefully..." I whispered. I walked in the portal, and it disappeared.