Chapter 6: Junior's First Swim and First Word

The two monster girls wake up, meeting the slumbering visage of Gojira. Both blush heavily but cannot move due to the heavy arm sling over the both of them. They sigh and snuggle closer to the king, who snorts in his sleep, making the two giggle. They gently stroke the Titan's face. They lie their for a little while, until Gojira opens his eyes and lets out a loud yawn, and sits up.

"Morning handsome."

"Morning you two. Sleep well?"

"Like a log."

"I'm gonna see if the kids are up."

     He lumbers out of the room and heads to his room. It's a bit disarrayed, but the children are fine and asleep, though Shin is sleeping on the ceiling. Junior is already awake and rolling around his cot, cooing and trying to shove his foot into his mouth. The King chuckles and picks up his infant son, who babbles with glee and nibbles on his father's thumb. Gojira heads into the kitchen, a prepares another serving of chopped fruit with some yogurt this time. The baby gobbles it up greedily, and giggles and burps.

"I beg your pardon!"

"Phhpbt!"

Gojira laughs and pinches Junior's cheek, making him laugh. He finishes feeding the baby, and gently rocks him back and forth, when he burps even louder, and giggles.

"Oh! Again? Keep it in little guy."

"Buh?"

The Kaiju chuckles, before he lifts Hunior out of his high chair and heads upstairs to the bathroom. He takes of his clothes and Junior's, before sitting in the tub. Although the water is in Italy cold, Gojira heats the water by channeling heat through his spines. And the tub was immense, the size of a small backyard swimming pool. He then gently lowers Junior into the water.

         Junior flails about a slight bit, before slowly mana hung to float. He coos with glee and inhales, before dipping under the water and wiggling about, before slowly moving forwards through the water. He resurfaces and squeals excitedly, swimming in tiny circles around his father. Gojira chuckles, before slowly submerging and swimming forwards. He travels a short distance, before resurfacing and turning to Junior, who was excitedly following him. Once he reaches his father, Gojira lifts him up and gently bounces him up and down.

"You did it! You're such a strong swimmer."

"Ba!"

The baby's tail wags excitedly, and soon he returns him to the water, and the baby is off! Swimming round and round, back and forth, giggling and babbling excitedly. Gojira watches with a smile. He softly speaks to himself.

"I enjoy this. It's funny how he's already swimming, but is barely on the edge of walking."

Slowly, Junior tires and just sinks to the bottom. Gojira chuckles and fishes out his son, who seems unfazed. He giggles as he splashes with his chubby fists, resting on his father's knee.

"Ba ba!"

"What's that?"

"Ba da!"

"Oh? What are you trying to say baby boy?"

"Da.... Da! Dada! Dada!"

"*gasp*! Good boy! You said dada! That's me! Dada!"

"Dada! Dada!"

The baby giggles as his father hugs him again. Softly, the Kaiju speaks, as if addressing his son.

"You will never make mistakes as severe as mine. You will make some during your lifetime, but you will learn from them, but in the battlefield it's different, as there will always be Kaiju to rise against this peace, and you and your sibling will have to fight them. Mistakes are costly, very costly on the battlefield, so one must be careful and learn when they do make these mistakes. I'll be there to guide you and aide you all on your paths to adulthood. But one day, you will have to fight without me. But I'm certain by that time, you'll have surpassed me. These words I will repeat to you when you will understand these words, and when you need them most. But right now, you're my little baby, who said his first word... Dada.