08 | staying afloat

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

𝘚𝘛𝘈𝘠𝘐𝘕𝘎 𝘈𝘍𝘓𝘖𝘈𝘛

Sawyer loved the sport of lacrosse because it meant he got to let out all the pent up aggression he piled up over the course of the day. It was a good way to knock some guys on their asses if they got too close and helping his team get to another win. The cheers from his fellow classmates and their families — hell, even Devin and Eric were in the stands tonight — always made him feel like he was a performer on stage, their chants and encouragement all the extra boost he needed to show he wasn't a failure.

Sawyer David Bowen wasn't a failure and he had to constantly remind himself of that, even though he never believed it when he said it to himself.

However, that was a thought that Sawyer couldn't even focus on at the moment as this particular game was important. He sat on the bench next to Stiles, having just been sat down by Finstock after he'd gotten a minor penalty for knocking a guy to the ground a little too hard. It was purposely done, of course, so Sawyer could help Stiles sneak into Gerard's office. Scott was off on the filed still while Allison sat in the cheering crowd with her grandfather who they needed to get the book from still. A plan that Stiles, Sawyer, Scott and Allison all intended to get through before the game was over.