𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲 🕷

7 years ago
Savannah, Georgia

"You're all I need in this life, Sarafina."

"I know."

Sarafina swam over to her first husband, an 18 year old, lovesick, money-making machine.

They paddled through their pool in silence, Drew Coleman pondering over his wife, Sarafina.

Why did she have such a hold on him?

She was beautiful, yes, but this was Georgia, baby, land of many southern belles. Her beauty was rivaled ten times over all across the city.

She was strong minded and independent, all qualities he felt a girl should have if she truly were his soulmate.

It wasn't even the sex, which was unexpectedly better than good. She was 17 , a year younger than him but knew her way around the bedroom in ways he hadn't imagined.

No, Sarafina was a work of art, pieced together with all the right things, but cursed, or perhaps, gifted with a heart so cold. So closed off and distant. It was the one thing he couldn't touch, the one thing he couldn't get.

Sarafina got out the pool and fixed her young husband a drink, slipping in crushed up Valium pills, prescribed to him by his psychiatrist after Sarafina had convinced Drew he was depressed.

Valium and alcohol, anyone could tell you, is not a good mix. Both literally interfered with matters of the heart, with the potent ability to stop it altogether.

She made her way back to the pool and passed Drew his deadly concoction, before walking to her lounge chair under the shade, sipping daintily on her own white sangria.

And she waited.

She'd spun her web of lies and calculated promises to its center. Every silky string of deceit Drew had blindly missed only steered him closer to Sarafina's endgame, where she sat patiently waiting to pounce on his car, his home, his money. Him.

Wait, wait, waiting.

One more sip and she turned to her Vogue Italia issue, flipping through pages of high fashion and models.

Drew downed the last of his mojito, every gulp weighing his eyelids down heavily.

A calm aura slowly surrounded the two, as one felt imaginary troubles float away in the pool and the other thought of a near future at the top.

One by one, Drew's fingers eased off his glass, letting it bob around the water as he tried to yawn.

Sarafina drifted in his mind, her pretty brown face smiled at him emotionlessly.

Sarafina peeked at him from behind her Ray Bans and saw his eyes close and open.

Then close once more.

His breathing had relaxed and she could almost hear his heart pumping out it's last sedate rounds of blood and oxygen.

Dead.

At last.

He slipped below the water, not even gasping for a last breath before he went under.

Sarafina walked slowly over to the pool, only to see Drew at the bottom, 9 feet under. Funny that he should die just a few feet below his own grave.

Turning on her heels, she grabbed her Vogue and put her cup down. She picked up her phone and dialed three numbers.

"911, what is your emergency?"

With graceful serenity, she answered, "Hello. My husband, he's drowned in our pool."

She paused thoughtfully and added, "You know, I think he's mixed his pills and alcohol again."

***

A/N: *clutches pearls* ... pleasejsjssj I'm really hyped about this book and for whyyyy?

Anywho, this my first prologue guysers 💅🏽 how'd I do? Was it prologuey enough?

I hope you enjoy it!