Hunt Gone Wrong

Y/n Pov

Y/n Pov

Everyone's bags were packed and ready for this hunt we're about to leave for. The last two weeks have been spent researching for this and now we know who our monster is. Sam and Dean really struggled with this but with the help of Cas and me, we got it. Of course, Dean nicely asked me not to come because he doesn't want me hurt or worse.

Then I had to assure him I'd be fine and I'm coming no matter what. He usually has a tendency to tell me what hunt I can and can't do because his paranoia gets in the way. It's quite sweet that he gets so worried but so far I've been fine, scratched up and bruised but fine. Before leaving he made sure to place a gentle kiss on my forehead.

It won't be a long drive considering the case is right here in Kansas. It'll be around an hour or so of a car ride. Some time later we arrived at the motel we're staying in and started some more research. It ended up taking most of the night until we woke the next morning. Sam and Cas went to talk with the victims parents while Dean and I headed to the crime scene.

"Maybe let me do most of the work," he suggested as his eyes stayed glued to the road.

"Dean it's sweet for you to worry so much about me but I'm fine." I assured him. He only sighed as I looked through my phone trying to find out more about this case. Confusion filled my eyes seeing that there aren't any police at this crime scene. Usually they'd be all over this and Dean finds that odd too.

Carefully, we stepped out of the car and went into the woods where the young girl was murdered. The two of us went separate ways to cover more ground when I found a claw mark in a tree. This could be a werewolf from the way this whole thing is starting to look. Deciding to tell Dean I walked off in search of him.

I heard the sound of him yelling and rushed to that direction. Upon arriving I found the werewolf pinning him against a tree. "Dean!" I yelled which caught the attention of the monster. He turned to me and came rushing towards me. Before I had time to react he had me pinned to the ground, clawing at my chest. Screams erupted from my mouth as Dean rushed to save me.

Once he killed the nasty monster he ran to my side but it's too late. I'm already losing too much blood and the marks are too deep. He lifted me into his arms and held me close. "I knew I shouldn't have let you come," his voice came out weak. "Just hold on for me y/n, I'm calling an ambulance." He assured. We both know it's too late for that but he called anyway.

"Dean," I choked out, my oxygen getting dangerously low. "It's too late."

"No baby... I'm not losing you. Just please don't leave me." He let out as his eyes watered with tears. I reached my hand up to cup his cheek, wiping away the fallen tears.

"I love you so much, Dean." There's a small weak smile spread across my bloody face. He shook his head no as he begged me not to go yet.

"I love you too, y/n," he cried. "I'm not ready for you to go."

My eyes started slowly going closed and the last thing I could hear before darkness consumed me was Dean begging me to stay with him.

Dean Pov (two days later)

After giving her a hunters funeral I have spent the last few days in my room. I lay in bed with headphones on, listening to music and drowning out the world. Eventually the song went off and the next to play is ours. A tear rolled down my cheek hearing her favorite part come on. She thought it would be cute for us to have a couple song and found the perfect one.

We would spend late nights dancing around the bunker to it. It would always make her laugh when I'd mess up and have to restart the whole thing. A small smile appeared on my face thinking about her. Once wiping my cheeks from tears I sat up and leaned against the headboard. There just isn't any way that I can listen to that song without thinking of her.

I set it to play on a loop before grabbing my bottle of whiskey off the night table. The cap twisted off with ease as I drank from the bottle. My eyes closed and memories of her flashed through my head. There's an aching feeling in my heart every time I think about her which is all the damn time.

"Y/n." My voice came out quiet and broken. "I miss you baby and I promise to do everything I can to bring you back."

That's a promise I'm going to keep because as long as there's air in my lungs I won't give up. There isn't anything I won't do until she's back in my arms again. I never knew you could crave a persons smile so much or their voice. I'd give the world to hear hers again or to watch her throw her head back laughing at something stupid I say.

My beautiful girl was taken away from me too soon. She deserved better than this world could offer. I don't care what I have to do to get her back, just as long as she's here again, where I can hold her close and never let go.