A Tough Day

Marinette's POV

I quickly ran to school to make it five minutes early.

"New record!" Alya giggled

I rolled my eyes sarcastically and looked at her still slightly out of breath.

"I think it probably is," I replied

"So.. when's your boyfriend getting here?" Nino asked slinging an arm around Alya.

I was about to answer Nino when an arm reached over my shoulder and a warm gust of air filled around me.

"I'm here! Good morning guys!"Adrien said bubbly

I looked over at Adrien to see a bandaid plastered on his cheek exactly where Cat Noir's cut was.

"What happened?" I asked reaching a hand up to his face to examine it.

"Oh, I-uh scraped my cheek on a tree branch when I was at a photoshoot," he said

I looked him in the eyes suspiciously.
Probably just a very... odd coincidence.

"Poor Adrien got a boo-boo!" teased Nino

Alya and I laughed as Adrien just looked down and shuffled his feet.

I grabbed him by the arm and stood up on my tip-toes, reaching his ear and whispering-

"Hey are you okay?"

"Of course i'm just missing my mom today, it would've been her birthday,"'he replied sadly

I couldn't even imagine how he was feeling. I probably wasn't anything close to as important as a mom to him but I could try.

Alya and Nino began to walk into the school and I wrapped my arms around his waist, hugging myself close to his chest.

Adrien made a small "Huh?" noise.

I looked up at him and ran my hands through his neatly combed hair. He probably had to teach himself everything that his dad wouldn't care about.

"Thank you Mari," Adrien sighed giving into my embrace.

"It'll be okay Adrien, just stick with me today, okay?" I assured

He nodded and grabbed my hand as we walked into the school.

"Today we will be learning about physics!" Mrs. Bustier announced

A slammed my face into my Math textbook letting out a big groan.

Only after a few seconds I looked up to see the whole class looking at me.

"You're so weird Marinette, why don't you just shut up!" Chloe growled

I hung my head low and tried my hardest not to let Chloe have the satisfaction of making me upset.

"Chloe why don't you shut up! You always pick on Marinette and I am beginning to think that you're just jealous!" Adrien growled

The whole class looked at him in surprise.

Chloe's face showed a pained expression for a slight second but she then retaliated.

"Me jealous of Dupain-Cheng? As if!" she chuckled

Adrien suddenly grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the classroom.

"Adrien, what are you doing?" I asked startled

He continued to pull me until we were in the locker room far away from Chloe.

He punched his locker and sat down on the bench behind us.

"Adrien what's wrong?" I asked

Adrien had never acted this way before and to say the least I was concerned.

"You would think she'd be a little nicer on a day like today. But no she has to be a complete bitch to everyone I care about." Adrien yelled

I sat down beside him.

Since when did Adrien get mad? He's always been so kind to everyone around him.

"It's okay Adrien, really. I don't care about what Chloe says-

"No Marinette! You should care! I'm so tired of her! I'm tired of everyone!" Adrien shouted angrily

I flinched at his raised voice but understood where he was coming from.

I looked at Adrien's hands to see them in fists shaking violently.

"I just want my mom back! Why did she leave me?!" He said slamming his fists onto the bench we were sitting on.

Tears started to form in his eyes slowly shattering my heart. I hate seeing him sad.

"I just want her back. I miss her so much Marinette." Adrien had tears pouring out of his eyes and he broke into a sob.

Lately he had been quite emotional on the topic of his mother but this time he seemed completely confused and broken by what happened.

"I'm so sorry," I pulled him into me so that his head was rested against my shoulder.

He sat there sobbing as I rubbed his back with my hand.

After about 5 minutes he slowly pulled his head back up.

A purple outline of a moth took place on his face.

I was too busy comforting Adrien to see any Akumas!

"No, No! I won't!" Adrien screamed

"Adrien! You can resist it!" I shook him with panic setting in.

"My name is not Adrien. My name is Relancer! And I will make sure my mother gets brought back to life!" He said with an evil smile.

Relancer means to revive in french<3 Lmk if that's wrong tho haha I just used google.