Starry Night, Dark Abyss

Kamukura wonders what the white-haired boy was thinking, but starting conversations were not his strong suit. He would probably receive a long-lasting reply from Nagito, which he would surely not enjoy listening to.

But as soon as both the black and white-haired boy were finished with their treats and drinks, they finally decided to go back home.

Nagito seemed to be shivering because Kamukura could notice the other boy rubbing his hands within his hoodie.

His hands must be freezing, Kamukura thought. He didn't really understand why he needed to emphasize that thought, but somehow, he did. He just made an assumption. 

Nagito then stopped to look over a bridge. The moon, stars, and fairy lights filled the glorious sky. The sky was painted with splattered stars of different sizes, large and small, twinkling ever so brightly, and the fairy lights added a tint of orangish yellow in the sky.

Beautiful, Kamukura overheard Nagito whisper.

Today has been not as eventful as Kamukura imagined, but then again, everything that they did was basically a routine. Nothing particularly changed... or he thought nothing changed until Nagito reached into his jacket pocket and took out the leaf that he picked up that evening.

Leaf? What exactly is it now?

Kamukura just stared at the catastrophic mess in Nagito's hand. The once beautiful, but ordinary orange leaf, was now a pile of crumbled shattered pieces. It basically looked hideous in other words. There was no beauty to it, yet that mysterious smile that kept popping up today showed up once more.

"Falling leaves lay so precious and delicate on the floor. They travel their own path in the wind, maybe hoping to land in a familiar place, however they are unfortunate enough to constantly get stepped on as they crumble into smaller bits of nothingness. They become utterly useless once they have lost their beauty and are left to be thrown in a place where they rot to dust." Nagito said.

The smile on the boy's face grew as he took his hand over the bridge and let fall right off his hand, into the emptiness blackness of the river. Wherever the road takes these leaves, they won't ever be able to escape the depths of the water.

Nagito sat on top of the bridge ledge.

With one look into the bright red eyes of Izuru Kamukura, Nagito smiled. "Thank you for staying with me."

Izuru could only watch in shock as the male jumped, Izuru's reactions somehow slower than before as if he hesitated...

It seemed like the world was playing tricks on him.

It seemed to spin a bit, but with one blink, Nagito was gone.

Word Count: 436