TICKS

☆。。☆。 
★。\|/。★ 
CHAPTER SIX 
★。/|\。★ 
☆。。☆。

┅┅┅┅┅┅┅༻❁༺┅┅┅┅┅┅┅

┅┅┅┅┅┅┅༻❁༺┅┅┅┅┅┅┅

𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐇, 𝐁𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐔𝐌𝐁. i still outraged that eren had beat me in last night's training. "how could i let him surpass me? even if it was just one exercise! i'm going to kill him! squish him! he's such a tick. i just want to squish him like a bug! i hate bugs! gross! i have to get back at him for everything he did yesterday!" i tried thinking of a plan to embarrass him or make him feel guilty or even pissed off.

"i'm strong! i'm strong! of course i'm strong! i'm one of the bests! he can't defeat me!" i whispered to myself. i felt a hand touch my shoulder. i pricked up then turned around to see jean "can't you see i'm sulking? go bother someone else," i pushed him away. right after i pushed jean away i felt a hand slap my face harshly. i blinked, covering my cheek. i looked back at jean, astonished "did you just hit me?"

"god damnit f/n, get ahold of yourself! all you can think about is that worthless suicidal maniac! he's just wasting your time! you should stop worrying about your little bet and one little win. yeah, i hate eren too but you don't see me always starting fights with him! gosh!" jean snapped at me. i just stared at him, surprised. i didn't know how to respond. jean let out a sigh then sat me down. he sat down next to me.

"look, i'm sorry for slapping you across the face like that. it's just... ugh... i hate seeing you always thinking about him." pink dust spread across jean's cheeks.  "i mean-- shouldn't you be worrying about other things rather than your bet? it won't matter in the end, anyways."

i blinked then returned my smug look, "i'm impressed you had the balls to slap a girl. especially me, your only best friend." i looked up at the blue sky. "you're the one who developed my personality. i don't want to hear you complain about me being competitive towards eren. the bet we made as kids is what started all this. i'm fine with it. i don't need to hear you complain even though you're the one who started it."

jean went silent for a couple seconds. he stared down at his boots, frowning. "what happened to the f/n before our bet?" he suddenly asked. "nothing, she was still the same back then."

"but i thought i was the one who developed your personality?"

"well, you did. you took a major role in it. my mother is actually the one who started the fire. you just poured gasoline onto the flame. you understand what i'm saying or is your ant sized brain having trouble?" i poked his forehead with my index and middle finger. "speaking of bugs--"