Prologue/My words on the story.

Hello all! This is the author speaking, I'd like to first thank you all for reading this story. This was originally a project I had worked on from 2016-2017 but ultimately discontinued due to better lack of time and ability to mentally work on it. This story sits heavily on my heart and is already pretty much written, the exhausting part is finding the words to put this story as close to my vision as possible.

This story will contain depictions of very graphic violence, sexual themes, and language. If any of this bothers you I encourage you to turn back now as I do not plan to skip on the immersion of the story. This time I plan to capture ever feeling the characters encounter as descriptive as possible. This story is more than just fiction to me, its a parody of reality itself.

This is my thoughts on our society in terms of teen culture. While I believe most teens should be little more strong willed that is sadly not a luxury every teen can afford, with broken home lives, poor social skills turning them into outcasts, some teens face problems most adults can't even comprehend. Its revolting to see how much words can affect a person, not because of the victims lack of resolve but the lack of understanding from the issuer. I hope this story can touch the lives of some, help break the metaphorical divide in our modern society and help those who have not felt the burning words of another as you take a glimpse into The World from Another Side

PROLOGUE

"How could you...?" A voice rings out. His eyes jolt open, the area is dark and dreadfully silent. A quick scan of his surroundings reveals his worst nightmare, nothing. Matthew had always taken pride in his possessions, or as he liked to call them, his "accomplishments." Having nothing familiar around Matthew has naught the security of his comfort. "How could you...?" The voice repeats once more. His eyes lock onto the silhouette of a familiar figure, he rushes towards it seeking the comfort of something in this void. He runs and runs and runs yet the figure only seems to get further away. "Please! I'm lost and so alone!" Matthew wails. A roaring noise blares throughout the void. The silhouette rises and reaches into what appears to be its pocket. It retrieves a knife with a freakishly large blade. Matthew recoils in horror as a realization hits, he can see the blade perfectly. The silhouette draws the blade in towards its neck, it begins to slice from end to end as a disembodied voice which is seemingly next to Mathew's ear chants"You did this!"

He awakes in terror to the sound of his alarm. He instinctively wraps his pillow around his head as he grasps towards his alarm attempting to turn it off. "Fucking hell, I don't want to get up" He mumbles to himself. He squints at the alarm clock trying to read the time. "Shit! It's 8:30! I'm late as fuck!" He shouts. He rushes out of bed throwing whatever clothes he can find on. He sprints out down the hall trying to rush to his car. "Woah! Woah! Slow down Matt." His father chimes in. "I can't! I'm late for school!" He shouts. His father laughs. "Look outside son." Matthew glances out to see a blanket of white covering his yard; snow, Matthew loves the snow. Mainly because school is cancelled at the sight of it. He sits down an sighs deeply "I was so scared I was gonna get my 3rd-" He stops mid sentence. His father raises an eyebrow "3rd what son?" He questions. "Tardy..." Matthew grumbles out of his mouth, knowing he's already said too much. His father sips his coffee for a moment. Matthew's heart begins to pound. This isn't the first instance he has had with his father involving tardies. His father sighs "Now son, do we really need to have this conversation again?" He inquires. "No dad, it's why I was in a rush. Time just got away from me. I had a crazy dream and just feel out of place today." Matthew sighs.

His father looks down, knowing not what to say. "You alright son? You're unusually moody today." He says attempting to draw a reaction out of Matthew. "Yes dad, I just need to go enjoy today I think." Matthew says. "Well before you get to enjoying your day off you got some chores to catch up on" His dad chimes. "Yes father..." Matthew grumbles as he rolls his eyes. The day passes slowly as Matthew cleans his room, the kitchen, and the basement which doubles as his hangout location. Matthew is doing dishes when his mother comes in "Hi sweetie!" She exclaims as she runs up behind him attempting to hug and kiss his cheek. Matthew struggles "Mom I need to get the dishes done." He interjects. A frown sprawls across her face "I haven't seen you in a week, can't you be a little bit more happy to see me?" She says. "I'm sorry mom, I'm just out of it today." He states as he gives her a hug. She plants a kiss on his cheek "Well you know your father and I are always here to hear your problems Matty-bear." She smiles. Matthew forces a smile "I know mom, thank you. I appreciate it." His mom scans the sink "Well these dishes aren't gonna clean themselves so I'll leave you to it." She grabs her coffee and walks down the hall. Matthew stares at the sink "What's going on with me today" he thinks. Matthew zones out as he cleans the rest of the dishes, his mind occupied with finding the reason behind his anxiousness.