Jailbird: Part Three (h.s)

Sparrow's POV
Don't be a silent reader! Give me your thoughts and opinions please!

"Little birdie," I hear a small whistle and a familiar voice call out in a sing song voice as I wash myself in the shower after breakfast. "Oh, little birdie."

"Yes, Harold?" I sigh back as I place my two dollar body wash that I got from the commissary earlier - because I felt bad that I kept stealing Harry's - beside me.

"Oh, that tone! It wounds me, little bird. It truly, truly does. Makes my chest ache a bit even. Although, it could be heart burn from the bacon I ate earlier but still, I'm hurt." I shake my head at his dramatic, theatrical ways, closing my eyes as I try to soak up the last few moments of my lukewarm water that was curing my aching, tired bones.

"Is there something you need, Harry?" I deadpan as I start to wash my hair under the stream.

"Oh, nothing. Nothing. Just the fact that we are supposed to be at our designated jobs in less than five minutes, but it's fine. Even through if I get another shot, I'm going to be put in solitary for the rest of the week. Been there, done that. Scratched my name in the wall. And, sure, being alone and all sounds fun but it's really, really fucking boring actually. And, then your mind starts playing tricks on you and all of a sudden, you're paranoid that everyone is trying to kill you so you don't eat for five days because you're positive that those motherfuckers poisoned your food. Then, the dramatic asses send to medical where they shove a feeding tube down your throat, which really doesn't feel to well on the ol' esophagus at the end of the day. So, sure, take your time. Put in that extra leave in conditioner, but just know, you're killing me here, little bird. Positively killing me."

By the end of his rant, I was staring blankly at the ratty, off white shower curtain and blinking several times. Pulling the curtain back a bit, I slowly poke my head out and see him, freshly showered as well, sitting with his back against the wall as he stares at the ceiling outside the shower.

"Harry?" He hums in acknowledgment, turning his head to give me a lazy, dimpled smile. "Are you okay?" I ask seriously, making his grin widen slightly and sarcastically, his eyes sparkling.

"Yeah, why do you ask?"

Letting out a loud groan as I roll my eyes, I release the curtain once more and begin finishing washing my hair. "Just give me two more minutes!"

"Okay, Sparrow. But, just a little reminder. If I get sent to solitary, guess who doesn't have a bodyguard or personal blanket for the rest of the week?" I could proactively hear the smirk in his voice.

At his words, my hand immediately turns off the shower and I'm reaching for my towel in record speed. Usain Bolt would be shocked if he saw me get dressed in that moment.

"Let's go!" I shout as I hop out of the shower cubby and grab his hand, yanking him up as he grins.

"That's my girl," he throws his arm around my shoulders as I try not to flush at his comment. "Now lets go find out your job."

"What is your daily job?" I ask him as we make our way down the long hallway where I could hear the loud, thunderous voices of men shoved in a tiny room.

"I work in the mechanic and electrical building. See that light bulb over there?" He points at a light fixture handing above us. "Changed it all by myself just yesterday," he states proudly as I make an impressed expression, clapping proudly.

"Wow, a handyman. I'm impressed," I laugh as he shrugs playfully cocky and full of himself - at least I think it was playful.