The Necklace

Ariel should have known better. Since this had happened to her before, she should have been more careful.

But then again, she couldn't help it: She was a rich princess, owned a credit card with unlimited credit and loved shopping so much! As soon as she had seen this beautiful purple necklace, she had known that she had to have it.

She knew she had a problem as soon as she heard Erik come into their apartment at the palace. "Ariel, I'm home!" he called out, but received no reply.

"Ariel, are you okay?" Erik said when he saw her standing in front of the mirror with a pleading look in her eyes.

What else could she do but point at her throat?

Her husband knew at once what the problem was. "Have you lost your voice again? Like, seriously?"

Ariel nodded and touched the necklace that felt like fire around her throat.

"And what must we do this time to lift the curse? Do I have to kiss you again?" Erik asked apprehensively.

Naturally, she had no idea. But it would be a great idea to take that necklace off, so she signaled to him with her hands that she needed help with the clasp.

"The necklace?" he asked and saw her nod once more.

Once he had taken it off, she felt better. She could breathe freely again and felt that she should try to speak again. "Now you can kiss me!"