𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

"We might find a place in this world someday. But at least for now, I gotta go my own way..."

At this point they were both screaming at the top of their lungs.

"What about us? What about everything we've been through?" Sang Glorfindel dramatically.

"What about trust?"

"You know I never wanted to hurt you"

"And what about meeeeee?"

"What am I supposed to do?"

"I gotta leave but I'll miss you..."

The song ended, and they bursted out laughing. After all, when would they get to sing High School Musical Songs again? If they did, it would have to be a long time before it happened.

"Seriously though, care to remind me why I have to leave?" Robin asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Because we need you to be safe." He answered for the thousand time. She obviously knew that, but just didn't want to accept it. "You are very important, Robin. And not just for the war and all of that, but to me. You're my best friend. I wouldn't want any harm to come to you."

She smiled, the concept of a true friendship still a little unfamiliar to her. In this world, she had found everything she had wished for so hard before, friends being just a part of it. Sure, she had known people who called themselves 'friends' in her other life, but she hadn't had any real friends.

She liked having friends.

"Besides, we will keep in contact through letters. And if Thranduil gets too much, I may go there and kick his ass myself."

"You know, you may want to seem all threatening and scary, but we both know deep down you're a softie." She teased. "Still, I want to thank you for being my partner in crime. Not many are willing to put up with my fabulous ideas."

"We both know that I was the fabulous genius behind those ideas." He said, and she pushed him jokingly.

"Fine, maybe you helped a little." He admitted. "Honestly though, it's refreshing. Things have been a little different since I returned. It may not seem like it, but I'm kind of old."

"Kind of? You may just be as old as Queen Elizabeth, and that's a lot, considering she was friends with the dinosaurs."

"I have no idea who you're talking about or what a 'dinosaur' is, but it proves my point." He laughed.

"Sure, grandpa." He rolled his eyes, but smiled.

"Anyways, you are so young and innocent. Your heart is pure, and I think that's what makes it so refreshing. You're full of light and vitality, and it brings joy to everything around you."

"Awwww Glorfy, that's so sweet. I love me too." She said, and he gave her a reproaching look. "Jokes aside, your friendship has brought glorious technicolor to my life. I hope you won't forget about me once we part ways."

"Forget you? How dare you insinuate such a thing?" He exclaimed outraged. "I would dye my hair red before allowing that to happen."

She laughed at the picture in her head, and her eyes suddenly sparkled at the idea...

"You know you're my favorite, right?"

"I better be." She warned playfully. "You're my favorite too, you know? You're the Fred to my George."

"Good." He smiled. "Now, enough of the 'heart to heart talk'. We have to end our pranking adventures with the 'Grand Finale'."

"Oh, what does your flowery head have in mind?"