𝟏𝟔

"If it isn't the one and only Nia." Demetrius said, shutting the door after his cousin walked in.

"You already know." She gassed herself up, flipping her hair. "You know this the first time I been in your house. Why is that?" she asked looking around the house.

"You never asked to come over." Demetrius replied as he finished cleaning up.

Nia roll her eyes at the picture of Demetrius and Constance. She put the picture down and then went in the kitchen.

"Well, you know I didn't want to come over and your little girlfriend start her shit." She remarked taking a seat at the counter.

"She's my wife and she wouldn't have started her shit, so ion know what your talking about." He told her and she roll her eyes.

"Why do you call her your wife? Y'all not married, you didn't put a ring on her finger." She said, Demetrius stale facing her.

"I call her my wife because she's my wife, end of story. And why you do you care if a ring is on her finger or not? By the way, a ring is on her finger." Demetrius replied back, leaning on the counter.

"Because your my cousin and I don't want my cousin staying attached to a female that's no good for him. I'm sorry that I wanna make sure your alright." She shrugged her shoulders and Demetrius shook his head.

"You know you and ya mom the only ones that don't like her. Everyone else fucks with her then it's the two of y'all that are some hating ass women. I'm refraining from calling y'all the b-word cause y'all family." He mentioned.

"For one, we're not hating on her. Sorry not sorry, but there's really nothing to hate on her about. I mean she's pretty, but like come on." She said, Demetrius squinted his eyes at her already knowing the real reason by the hatred.

You see when they were little kids, Nia had a crush on Demi before she knew they were related. It was a secret crush, of course, because it was weird for her to like her own cousin once she found out. She would be all extra around him and his friends, go above and beyond to get his attention.

She was that type of woman that did any and everything to get a man attention. Even if it made her look stupid at times.

"Look Nia we're adults now, so there's no reason for you to keep lying to yourself. So, just admit that's the reason why you dislike her." He told her and she roll her eyes.

"Ion know what your talking about." She said and Demetrius tucked in his lips.

"Okay, well imma need you respect my wife whether you like her or not because she's here to stay forever. And imma need you to get over it cause it's not going to happened...ever." Demetrius exclaimed to her and she frown.

"Baby!" Constance shouted once she walked in the house. Demetrius smile as she came in the kitchen.

"Hey, beautiful." he said, kissing her cheek.

"Hello. Hey Nia." Constance greeted her and Nia roll her eyes.

"I'm leaving, I don't need to be here anymore. I'll see you Demi whenever you stop being boujee and come around the family." Nia said getting off the stool and walking out.

"Well, she's not quite friendly today." Constance said putting her purse on the counter.

"She's never friendly, but how was your day mamas?" He asked her.

"It was fine. You remember that lady, Sheryl, I told you about?"

"The one that always complained about stuff in your shop?" He asked and she nodded her head.