i. ➩ BROKE

being a college student wasn't always the easiest

being a college student wasn't always the easiest. especially when your parents refuse to help you out, money wise at least. this adulting thing really isn't it. at least you had your friends right? well a job is what you desperately needed. did you want it? hell no. being an adult was never your forte, never your style. living out your teenage years was the best, but it went by too fast for your own liking. everything now had a cost. education, electronics, every drink you drank. these future events; surely will have a cost.

~

PRESENT DAY - MARIA COLLEGE - 8:09 AM

"SHIT!-" you exclaimed as you quickly torn your sheets off of your body. the alarm clock has been steadily beeping itself on for 46 minutes now. looking around your dorm, with no sasha to be seen. "SHIT SHIT SHIT- i'm gonna be so late-" you ranted on. to your suprise a familiar brunette came stomping into the shared room. "girl i have tried calling your ass at least fifteen times! and here you were sleeping away." she announced, in a sarcastic tone. you took out your phone to see all of the messages and phone calls.

"um anyways- so why the hell are you in casual clothes? we're gonna be late for classes sash!" you exclaimed. sasha rolled her eyes and leaned into the door post. "hush, its literally saturday." she laughed. a sigh of relief escaped your lips as you flopped back down onto your comfortable bed. "-but that doesn't mean you're off the hook today! me, you, connie, jean and eren has plans today! ya know we hardly get a break from studying and school related shit." sasha explained.

"hm? what kind of plans?" you asked as you sat up. "just going out to find a bar or something. somewhere to get some food and drinks." she replied. you walked over to your desk and began to brush your hair. "alright then. how should i dress mrs. potato?" you asked. sasha always seemed to not care about dressing up, but historia wasn't around to give a nice fashion advice.

sasha shook her head at the question. obviously indicating she didn't know. walking over to your closet, you grabbed a shirt with your college logo on it, and some simple black leggings. "text me when you're done, i'll meet you by the front lawn." the brunette announced as she made her way down the corridor.

after a few minutes you started to make your way down to sasha. the two of you went to the boys side of the dormitories. connie, jean, and eren were waiting by the doors.

"what took you so long sleepyhead?" jean teased. he loved to tease with girls, though he always has his eyes on a black haired girl. "yeah yeah whatever jean." you shot back. "stop playin around guys!! i'm ready to get some food!" sasha yelled. connie laughed and nodded his head in agreement. eren followed behind the boys.

soon you all made your way to a bar not too far away from the college. "guys you realize i have no money to be spending carelessly, right?" you spoke as you sat down at a table in the bar, in between sasha and connie. "hush up, im paying." eren said bluntly.

about two hours has passed and to say the least, the group and you we're definitely drunk. "gosh i- neeeed a job! money is what i need guys." you slurred your words. sasha laughed. "girl what you need is a sugar daddy." she said a little on the loud side. connie and the others started to laugh at the comment as well. "yeah y/n! you'll make bank then." connie agreed. jean chucked and took another sip of his drink. "yeah totally y/n. it'll probably be easy for you too-" eren judged him in the side before he could continue. "jean that's like catcalling, don't dooo it." he said in his drunken state.

you let out a small laugh. "i'm doing it that's it that's what i need! people who do that make tons of money you know. in a short amounts of time too, especially what i need for the next tuition pay." you explained. everyone began to stare at you with a blank expression.

"y/n.. you're serious??" sasha asked. you nodded with a confident smile. "well, just be careful, i guess." eren added. jean agreed. "yeah keep it out for creeps." you shifted in your seat. "they're all just creepy old men asking for feet pics for hundreds of dollars! it can't be that hard."

later on after the few of your were finally sober, you and sasha made your way back to your dorm. "sash i'm gonna download that sugar daddy app- it has good reviews so it should be nice." you giggled as you both went inside your shared room. "i know i'm crazy but i can't believe you're going through with this, it was just another one of my drunken comments." she laughed back. "mhm mhm. you'll see when i get some of that money."

and with that the app was downloaded onto your phone, and you created your profile. "jeez these people really are that desperate." you complained as you already began to get dm's and follows from loads of men, and occasionally women, as well.

the messages consisted of ordinary 'hey baby how are you 😍😍' and.. other things along the midsts of that.  "yeah those guys are as desperate as i am for a good potato!" sasha responded.

but one message; one follow, stood out to you, it wasn't necessarily different from the rest of messages- more or less, younger. even, nicer?

@  z.jaeger66
hey, i saw that you needed money, and fast for your tuition pay. well i guess that i have a proposition in mind. i have money, and i have respect, unlike some other idiots on this app.. lmao. you don't have to message back, i'm not trying to force anything onto you. just letting ya know the offer is up in the air. also i'm 22, i'm not some 60 year old bothering you, lol.

have a nice night.

the message warmed your heart a bit to see such respect from someone on such an app. sure, it's the bare minimum. but damn, only twenty two and he's obviously rich, and he's a man with respect? that's a sight to see.

"y/n, you're fan girling. lemme see what old geezer ya found." sasha pointed out, know king you out of your thoughts about the guy, whom you didn't even know the name of.

sasha made her way over to your bed and peeked at your phone. "the fuck? he's so respectful- AND ONLY TWENTY TWO??" she laughed. you laughed along with her. "that's what i thought. so like do i respond to him or what??" you asked, smiling from anticipation.

sasha nodded her head furiously. "get that money y/n." she hyped you on, going back to her bed, assumably to text a familiar chef at the cafeteria. of course you were happy about your friends being in relationships, but those things were never on your conscience. freedom, independence, not worrying about your image, you loved it all, which all came from just being single.

something about the tone of the message sparked a feeling of similarity in you, like you've seen something somewhere once before. a little like deja vu. but you brushed it off, and began to think about how to word your response out back to the guy.

letting out a sigh,  you mustered up the courage to message the man back, hoping to not overthink every letter you wrote.

@ y...n
oh hi! lol.. i've never done anything like- this before. and if i'm being honest this has been the well calmest dm i've gotten all night 💀💀. you already have a good impression on me! and tbh i'm pretty interested. let me know some details about all this, maybe we can get to know each other before meeting up. ^^

you have a good night as well.

and with those two messages sent in one night would cause a series of emotions, a whirlpool of nightly deeds, and a shit load of money.

________________________________

a/n: chapter one is here! i really enjoy this story so far. chapters will get more lengthy and drama filled later on. ymir and historia will also come into the story probably next chapter- i just didn't have the room to put them in!

word count: 1429 <3