Chapter 12

" Wow he called you over to his home, and meet his family for the Christmas holidays? Wow girl, you are lucky" Anna says amused over the video as I was packing my clothes. It was on my laptop; I had her on video call on WhatsApp with group conversation with Sophia and connected the WhatsApp web with my laptop. I told them what happened with me and Damon on the shopping trip as Sophia calls it 'date' and both thought that it was nice of him but I on the other hand felt irritated. He was picking me up tomorrow at 8am because the drive is two hours away to his home.

"I agree, girls die to be his girlfriend and he chose you" Sophia added her opinion. They were really not helping the situation that I was in.

"By all means Sophia, they can take my place. I am not interested in Damon, and why take me to live with his family." I say zipping up the last bag and making sure I had all my important things. "I am not even his girlfriend, much less a friend. we are just acquaintances, if we can call it that." I say and sat on the sofa and began to eat a big bowl of fires that I made today. I was not really I the mood for healthy food, just fried food.

"Doesn't his family live in north of Rivanna?" Sophia asked and I said yes. It was exactly where he lived. It was an area of neighborhood where all the mansions were with fancy gates and guards, it is like entry celebrity house in North of Hollywood.

"Sigh Aida, you really do not have to stress about this. If you think about it, Damon has cared for you a lot for the past few days. He really seems to like you and truly desires for you to meet his family as his friend." Anna explained to me in a very gentle way. "Do you remember in grade two, we were in the playground and there was a boy who came up to you and made fun of your pigtails and pulled one of them?" She asks, recalling a childhood memory.

I did remember it. It had only been two years since I had lost mom and I began to less associate myself with and others and therefore I didn't make many friends. Hence the reason why, I was bullied a lot at school. The boy had pulled my hair so hard that it hurt and tears were forming in my eyes.

"Yeah I remember. That boy pulled so hard that I nearly cried."

"When he was done making fun of you, and walked away with his group of buddies Damon approached him." Anna said and this caught my attention because I didn't know that. " They both had a fight and Damon threatened him that if he hurt you bullied you again, it would be worse next time" Wow Damon did that for me? Why didn't he ever tell me?

"Why didn't he ever tell me?"

"Boys get possessive when they are in love with girl" Sophia makes her comment the story and I rolled my eyes while Anna laughs. "I'm serious! Damon has the hots for you since you were little and now that you have grown into a beautiful young woman he wants you." Sophia really needs to stop reading some cheese romance stories.

"Okay Sophia, you really need to shop reading romance stories. Start reading non-fiction." I said and popped another fry in my mouth. "By the way, what is up with you and Jax constantly fighting over facts"

"Well we wouldn't be fighting if he had his facts correct. I talk about true points that are in the booked and have been logically proved, Jax apparently bullshits on how it is not true. Says that 'that is not what a company does' or 'account is lot more than that'. I wouldn't mind listening quietly if it was good or important."

"Wow, you both have boy troubles. This is why I am single" she sang it out.

"So am I!" Sophia and I say at the same time. the three of us just laughed and made jokes for the next little while, until it got late.

"Next day – Early Morning***

I was 8:ooam in the morning and Damon was on time to pick me up. I was placing my two hand carries in the trunk of his car as he was helping load it. Since the trunk was also filled with his things, I placed on bag in the backseat and sat in car. When we both got in, he drove off to our destination.

On our way, I kept thinking how introduce myself. I am not his girlfriend, but maybe present myself as his friend. I wonder if they like me, and won't the bitchy or anything like uptight and stubborn, which is how some are in my opinion.

"Relax. Don't be nervous, my folks know that you are coming" He said, tried to ease my nerves.

"Really.? I hope they are not against the idea of you dragging me to your family forcefully."

"No. On the contrary they are pretty excited to meet you." He says and I gave the 'really' look. Has he been telling his parents what has been going on between us for the past few days. "My family is filled with boys, I have two brothers; Stefan and Connor. All of us are mischievous as the other which sometimes gets on her nerves." he laughs as he says this.

"I didn't know you had brothers" I say to him, generally surprised because he never really talked about them.

"Well, I am not the one to brag. I try to keep a low profile because if the girls knew that they were two other handsome boys as me; I'd be overwhelmed. I held myself back from rolling my eyes. I won't disagree Damon is really handsome; tall fit-figure, ruby red eyes, black hair and amazing features. Who wouldn't want him.

"I know I am gorgeous, but it is rude to stare Aida" he says amusedly while driving. I turned away embarrassed, and I am sure that I am red like a tomato because I could feel the heat on my face. but Damon was enjoying the moment as I heard him laugh a little.

Soon we arrived at in the neighborhood he lived and I have to say it was gorgeous and it speaks 'rich'. There were trees and grass, greener than ever, fancy colorful flowers and many homes with fancy gates and guards. My mouth just hung open at the view.

"Close your mouth, your tongue may freeze, and I insistently shut my mouth. Soon we turned into the front of a house which I assumed belong to his family. The guards recognized Damon and let us pass through. Damon parked on long driveway after passing a fountain that placed in the middle.

We got out of the car and I grabbed my luggage and walked with him up to the front door. I stood next to him—still very nerves on the inside—but managed to cope on the outside. he rang the door and waited.

The door opened

Who could be at the front door to greet them? One of the brothers, or the parents?