No Snapping Around Sky

Disclaimer: This au belongs to LinkedUniverse_Au on Insta.

    "Hey, Wild!"

    A little smile formed on Sky's face as he watched the sailor run past. He rested himself on the grass in the middle of the newly made camp.

    "Wild, 'hoy!" Wind skidded to a halt in front of the champion, who acknowledged him with fondness in his eyes. "What was that thing that you did during battle? That thing you did with your fingers?"

    "You mean a snap?" Wild asked for confirmation.

    "Is that what it's called? Show me." The two huddled together to see.

    Sky glanced around the rest of the camp. Time and Warriors were discussing something near the edge while Hyrule and Legend seemed to be comparing items. Four and Twilight had left the camp earlier on patrol.

    A cool breeze tingled against his cheeks. Fi, sheathed in his lap, radiated a comfortable warmth. Sickening familiarity pooled in his stomach as his heart remembered the comfort of home.

    A sharp snap pierced through his musings. On instinct, Sky flinched and grasped the hilt of his sword. Fear flashed behind his eyes before he hesitantly relaxed.

    "Lemme try!" Eagerly, Wind pressed his thumb against his middle finger and tried to get it to snap. "It's not working!"

    "It takes a little practice. You're pressing too hard."

    Sky twisted the corner of his sailcloth between his fingers to ease his sudden tension. Some air, which he didn't realize had been caught at the back of his throat, slowly escaped in an controlled exhale.

    "What are you guys doing?" Inquired Hyrule as he approached the duo with Legend trailing behind.

    "I'm trying to teach Wind how to snap." Wild answered.

    "You don't know how to snap?" Legend said in a condescending tone.

    Wind huffed with a glare. "No."

    "Look you just slide your finger from your thumb to your palm in a quick motion. Don't press them too much."

    SNAP!

    Black, white, orange and a splash of red flashed in Sky's vision. His breath hitched and his heart pounded like keys of a piano being slammed in chaotic rhythm. He clutched his sailcloth like it was his lifeline.

    SNAP!

    Visions of sunset colored diamonds fenced him in. A black sword and a crimson cape materialized in vivid memories. Maniacal laughter echoed in his ears. Sky fumbled to catch the master sword as it fell from his lap.

    SNAP!

    The chime of teleportation magic rang in the back his mind. Ice cold hands curled around his shoulders. Sky stiffened. His heart thundered in his chest. Abnormally chilling breath brushed his cheek.

    "Hello Sky-child."

    Only when Time turned to watch Warriors reprimand the others for making such a racket did he notice Sky.

    He sat there rigid, hands shaking in his lap and eyes blown wide.

    Time carefully approached him.

    The boy reminded him of himself when he was younger when the terrors of his adventure were still fresh. Confiding in his wife definitely helped him with dealing with them.