CHAPTER ONE: HIP HOP HOORAY

— ๛HARLEM KNIGHT ⋅ ゚・゚"A pink rose among a thousand white daisies stand out; be likewise

"A pink rose among a thousand white daisies stand out; be likewise."
-Matshona Dhliwayo

JUNE EIGHTH OF NINETEEN NINETY-THREE

The vicious wind whips through Harlem's tresses and happily clasps onto her other hand wrapped around the gentleman's torso. Clean oxygen quickly exits and welcomes her lungs as the thrill runs through her veins.

How cool was this?

The fiery mauve and orange ombre San Francisco sunset reigns down on the two as the Ducati Monster whipped through the ongoing traffic. The passed vehicles' colors were in a blur as she nestled her cheek against the nippy leather of the man's jacket.

"You good back there, Harlem?" Harlem's eyes turn from the amazing view and onto the braided fellow she is grasping.

"Of course, but I do have a question." She calls out loudly, steadily delighting in the stunts he began to transfer in the large part of the street he could perform.

"What's the question sweetheart? You don't have much time.." She raises an eyebrow.

Fuck did he mean by that?

"Huh?"

"Harlem!" The eighteen-year-old girl shifts her head over to the opposing side of her pillow. Her hands nestled under the frigid pillow sheets, huddling her face into the clean linen. Subtle snores released from her as she neglects her mother's calling.

The best sleep she had in years it seemed, being that she had graduated two weeks ago and was having a hard time finding her way home the weekend before. She had strived so much in her last few years in high school that she was sure she deserved this much-needed rest. Her nose twitches; etching a small, cozy smile onto her lips.

"Harlem Acacia Knight! If I call you again, we're both going to have a bad day." She jumps out of her sleep, paying attention to her mother's loud voice volume throughout the upper floor of the unoccupied house. She sits up shortly, alarmed and her eyebrows itched in turmoil. Her head shifts to the left, eyeing the alarm clock that signaled it was early noon.

She should be asleep, Dreaming of Treach from Naughty By Nature, riding away on a Harley Davidson. Or maybe a Ducati Monster. Either way, she could have had the dream of her life instead her mother was worrying for God knows what.

For what exactly?

There was no need to clean the mess that consumed the Knight's family home every morning because she and her mother were the only ones there. Her Father returned overseas after her graduation, Her younger brothers, Kobe and Sanju were sent to Detroit for the summer to their Grandparents and Bremen was probably having endless fun at Basketball Camp at the Kia Forum. Giving her an ampless amount of time to lounge around.