14- t r y o u t s

after classes had ended for the day, i decided to go to the common room. i had thought it would be a good idea to wait for adrian there then walk with him down to the pitch.

"hey lil, whatcha doing?" i heard my boyfriend ask. he came in through the portrait hole and sat on the couch next to me.

"waiting for adrian to get down here. i hope flint notices that i'm interested. even though he hates girls on the team, maybe i'll have a chance?" i say hopeful. at the mention of adrians name, greg shrunk down a bit. he seemed upset that i was going to watch him.

"hey if you don't want me to go, just tell me and i won't go." i say moving closer and holding his face. he looked back up and looked me in the eyes. there was something different about him. i couldn't place what it was but something was definitely off.

"no you need to go, you love quidditch and want on the team so this is a great way to get noticed." he said and plastered a small smile on his face. i smiled gratefully at him and gave him a kiss. we were sitting on a couch so i decided to cuddle with him for some time before adrian came down.

after we had been laying there for a few minutes, talking lightly about classes, when finally adrian walked down. he was in his quidditch robes and wow. he looked nice to say the least.

"hey lily, lily's boyfriend, you ready to head down to the pitch?" he asks walking closer. i could smell his scent on him. woody and fresh grass. it was nice.

"yea i have been. just waiting on you slow poke." i say getting up and laughing. he shoots me a glare.

"well it takes time to look this good. now let's go."

i just laughed and said "yea whatever. bye greg i'll see you later." i say as we walk out and i plant a kiss on his cheek.

adrian and i walk out of the portrait hole and he's already going on about quidditch.

"i know you love it and it's great. i'm just nervous for flint to see you. we get girls watching our tryouts and practices all the time. but this time it'll be different. you're actually interested in the sport and not watching just to see some hot guys on a broomstick."

i lightly laugh and respond "well the hot guys on broomsticks are just an added plus. but i love the adrenaline and the rush of everything when you're on the field. it's like everything stands still and the only thing you focus on is the game in front of you. i love it."

ADRIANS POV

wow. the way her face lit up when she talked about quidditch. she seemed to passionate about the topic. and as we were walking down the halls, the way she had to look up and me with her beautiful eyes and eyelashes. she's amazing. the best first year i've ever met. oh god i'm staring.

"you ok there pucey?" she asks with a slight laugh.

"oh yea sorry. kinda zoned out." wasn't a total lie but not the total truth. we had arrived at the pitch and i began to grow nervous. please why even would i be? it's not like i have anything to worry about. i made the team last year and i will again. is it because she's here? dang it i hope i don't mess up.

"ok so let's introduce you to flint before this. he won't want to talk after. trust me." i say to her as we near the locker room. i open the door and see flint sitting on a bench next to his broom.

"hey marcus, i got someone you want to meet." i say smirking. he returns a smirk and walks outside with me.

"so who do i want to meet?"

"lilith malfoy. she wants to try out next year so i brought her down today to watch and see if she wants to." flint looks at the small girl, very intrigued. yes she's small but seems very determined.

"well watch today and we'll see. you're tiny. definitely not a beater that's for sure. maybe a chaser like your boyfriend pucey here, maybe a keeper if you're agile." he said smirking after calling me her boyfriend. i rolled my eyes and before i could respond, she did.

"he's not my boyfriend, i have a different one. and i've been told that i'd be a good chaser. i have a nice throw you see." she says confidently. marcus just smirks and walks away, probably to go set up for tryouts.

"well that was great. you go sit up somewhere in the stands and i'll be there after tryouts finish ok?" she nods and makes her way up to the stands. i gotta do good to impress marcus, and her now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
hey guys i'm so sorry it's taken me so long to update. the last time i didn't basketball season was starting and now it's over. i've been busy wit so many things so again i'm sorry. school got cancelled for the week due to weather so i should have been updating but i am now. i prolly will update again today, maybe three times idk. but i'll get at least 3 updates before this weekend. hope you all enjoy.

-hunr🤡