Part 17

I woke up to hearing a soft whimpering. I had no idea how long I'd been asleep but the sun was starting to rise, so I sat up, careful when I saw the fluffy dirty blonde hair of Tommy who seemed to be passed out while he was leaned against the ide of my bed, resting his head on his crossed arms and sitting criss cross on the floor.

I smiled to myself, he really was growing up...But he was still the baby that came to me for comfort like when he was hurt as a kid.

I slid off my bed, careful not to wake him as I lifted him up and laid him on my bed, very gently laying my blanket over him and watching as he instantly rolled to his side and curled himself up into a small ball.

Instead of leaving the room to let him sleep, I pulled my gaming chair around to the side of the bed and sat in it, putting my feet up on the side of the bed that came out like a desk where Tommy had laid his head and closed my eyes.

"Willlbbbyyyy, can I braid bubba's hair nowww?"

Tommy whined, tilting his head back to look at the ceiling while letting out a high pitched whine. Wilbur and I met eyes in the mirror, while he let out a soft snicker I nodded.

"Do you know how Tom?"

Wilbur asked, holding the long, neon pink hair that he was working with until the small gremlin child came in to whine at us.

"No...Teach me. You stupid eye-patch wearing pirates."

I rolled my eye. After the car wreck Will and I had gotten into, we lost sight in one eye each...So until it healed we had to wear an eye-pacth over the eye.

"Okay, Okay. Come here."

I watched in the mirror as Tommy smiled with pure glee.

"Now, tuck it under this part and continue down until you can tie the end off."

Wilbur finished explaining and I winced slightly as Tommy yanked a bit, getting a hit on the hand from Wilbur with a soft scolding.

I opened my eyes at hearing the door open, looking at the other side of the room at Ranboos mirror, wanting to sigh at the now messy short hair, but instead I lifted my index finger to my lips and shushed Ranboo and Tubbo who had come in.

"He's asleep."

Tubbo looked at Tommy with a soft smile and gentle eyes before looking back to me.

"Did you not sleep?"

I smiled at him as Tubbo and Ranboo took a seat side by side on Ranboos bed, both looking happy.

"I did. I woke up and Tommy was sitting on the floor with his head on the side of my bed, so I let him lay on it."

Ranboo and Tubbo met eyes, clearly wanting to laugh but he held it back.

"Kristen wanted us to fetch you two so you can eat. She made pancakes and bacon...Can you wake him up?"

Ranboo asked, looking back at Tubbo who was staring at Tommy with the most gentle look, like how Wilbur used to.

"I got him, you two go on...Tubbo will you set out some clothes for him?"

Everyone had taken time to shower once we got back to the house because of the mess from the woods, but Tommy hadn't...So I'd wake him up and have him take a shower before eating.

Tubbo and Ranboo left the room while I got up, sliding my gaming chair back into its place and sitting beside Tommy on my bed, fixing his hair with a smile.

"Tommy. Time to wake up...You don't have all day."

I spoke, shaking his shoulder and watching those baby blue eyes open with slight hesitance with a soft mumble.

"Techno?"

I nodded, ruffling his hair as I stood back up so he could stretch.

"Go take a shower and then come eat, okay? We'll wait for you."

I told him before I left the room to see Ranboo sitting on the counter happily holding a pancake in his hands and nibbling it with a soft grin.

"You look like a giant toddler. Are Kristens pancakes really that good?"

I let out with a chuckle, making him open his dark eyes to look at me, nodding while holding the pancake up with both of his hands still holding it in the most adorable way that made me feel like I wanted to hug him and protect him for the rest of his life.

"They are. I can't remember if my mom ever made me pancakes, or if she even cooked for me at all...So I enjoy every meal I have here."

Kristen behind him stopped cooking and I saw the gentle smile she had when she laid her hand on her heart.

"Even if you can't remember your old family...We're family too, and now you're not just a cousin, you're my brother. I'm going to make sure you always feel happy, you know."

I grunted as the force of a pillow hit my back and I turned to see Tubbo with a wide ass grin that said he wanted to start a fight so I picked it back up slowly and held it in front of my chest, looking back at his eyes.

"Tubbo. You have one second to explain why you did this."

Tubbo went to speak but I tossed it back at him hard enough to make him stumble, but he laughed and picked it back up, stopping when Kristen scolded us.

"Stop playing around and let Techno eat, Tubbo. You and Ranboo need to tidy up the living room where you made your mess with the cards."

Ranboo pouted and slid off the counter, wincing and looking at his arm, which made me check to make sure he was okay.

I didn't move from where I stood but I watched closely as he went into the living room, making sure he wasn't in too much pain. He had to be hurting a lot still.

I couldn't believe it had only been a day since Tommy nearly killed himself...It was strange to me that it was so calming to know that life could move on like this...But Tommy was in peace, as though whatever Tubbo told him last night saved him.