Starting Over

I sigh as I realize what his going away means. We might never see each other again. I feel like punching someone because of these unwanted feelings I have. Most of all, I feel like punching him for abandoning me. I never thought he would, considering he subconsciously choose me to look after him after he got his wings ripped off (because of me). Especially after he left his kingdom for me; for my family.

He didn't even talk about it with me first. I thought we'd finally gotten closer, only to be ripped apart by his decision. I honestly can't be mad at him because he's been stuck in this town for more than a decade because of my and my family. He deserves freedom, and to see the world, but I want him to be with me. I know I can't be selfish, but I also can't help it. He's the closest thing I have to a best friend. I can't lose that. I can't.

Although, I will. I'll do it for him. I'll give up my happiness for his. After all, he's saved me too many times to count. It's my turn to support him with this. I have to let him go; for both of our sake. I have to move on.

I'll also miss Uncle Jake. He needs to travel too, though. He lost Briar, and the wound is very fresh. I only wish I could be with them. However, my family needs me as well. My parents decided to move back to New York, so I also have to say goodbye to everyone else I know and love here. I do it with a smile on my face so my parents don't feel bad. I know Daphne is extremely unhappy, but I'm older. I have to put the brave face on.

I have to forget.

He comes to see me after we've both packed. He's already said goodbye to everyone else. Now, it's our turn.

"Good bye, Fairy Boy. Have fun traveling the world." I whisper to him as we hug.

"Have fun getting your life back on track." He whispers back.

"We both know my life can't be the same anymore." I reply, not bothering to say that I plan on using forgetful dust on myself.

I already told everyone but him my plan on using the dust, because I feel it's for the best. Granny Relda and Daphne don't agree with me, but they understand that if I don't do it, I'll never get a proper chance at being happy. I sigh as I realize what his going away means. I sigh as I figure out that we might never see each other again. I feel like punching someone because of these unwanted feelings I have. Most of all, I feel like punching him for up and leaving everything behind.

"No, but it will be calmer." He laughs.

"Yeah, I guess so." I say.

Everything feels so final; but the truth is that it is final. For me, anyway. I hate that I won't remember Puck, Granny Relda or Canis, or anyone here; but I can't afford to remember them. I can't remember my past; it's too painful.

"Good bye, Puck." I whisper.

"Good bye, 'Brina." He replies.

After a few more moments, we let go of each other, and he walks out of my room and leaves with Uncle Jake.

I begin to silently cry, and sink to the floor. I don't want to forget. But, my decision is final. No going back. I plan on using forgetful dust a week after we leave. I want to know what it feels like to remember when we live in New York City. Just to see how bad it would really be.

After a long time, I get up, and look around my room once more. I will miss it, but after that week, I can be happy again.

I get my bags, and go downstairs to say a final farewell, telling Granny and Canis that I'll call them one last time before I forget.

Red is actually coming with us, so I won't forget her completely. I was surprised she wanted to, seeing as Canis is like a father to her, but she told me they both thought she deserved to get out and explore. She also said that she wanted to be with Daph and I as we'll as Basil. She and Canis are still planning on seeing each other often. They told me that after I use the dust on myself, that they'd explain that Red is a cousin of ours and she wanted to live in the city for awhile.

The only thing that brings me peace is that I will forget how crazy my life in Ferryport Landing was, and how terrible losing my parents for a couple years was. I'm sure they'll tell me they were missing, but I'm not exactly sure how they will explain it.

Shortly after all the farewells, we packed up our car and head to our new apartment in the city.