Part 12

Dear diary,
We walked back to Klaus's home in silence. Kol and Klaus leading the way as I walked behind them. I probably looked like a wandering puppy, because I was constantly looking at my surroundings. Wide eyed. Kol walked slowly and stiffly he was definitely mad at me for taking away his mouth. And I was mad at Kol for his snippy remarks. I don't know who Klaus is mad at but it was probably both of us. We did after all fight like children. "Sorry Kol" I quietly said. Klaus looked over his shoulder at me a gave me a grin. He was proud that I was being the bigger person in this situation. Even though Kol was clearly in the wrong. I hated his comments that diminished me. I bet if I was a man I would've been treated differently. Better. In the era I was born women were worshipped. We could make our own money and have our own jobs. Hell we could wear pants! Why is it all up to men now? I don't understand. We walked into a almost deserted town. A big chipped away sign read New Orleans. We walked past brown brick building with vines growing on every corner. Klaus turned to face me walking backwards. "Welcome to our home and your new one" he said throwing is arms in the air. Then he turn back and we continued walking passing more and more deserted homes. I wondered what had happened here? We finally reached the biggest house on the block. It was a beautiful white mansion. With black railed balconies. "Wow" I couldn't help but say. Klaus swag opened the white doors of the ginormous house. Ushering me to enter. He gave a little brow happy about his presentation. As I walked though the front doors I felt a rush of happiness. I knew this was my home.