𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

ROBIN WAS NOT READY TO LEAVE CALAS GALADHON.

But no one is ever ready to face reality, no matter how much they have prepared themselves for it.

She had woken up early that morning, about an hour before the sun rose. She then joined Celebrían, Elhael and Glorfindel in order to watch the sunrise from the highest place in the city. They had a picnic as they watched the sun come up, and ate a not so healthy breakfast that consisted of Robin's favorite desserts, which meant a lot of sugar.

They had a great time, and she had really enjoyed her friend's company, who had tried to keep her spirits up despite her upcoming departure.

They had parted ways not long after in order to get ready for her farewell.

She was currently standing before Lord Celeborn and Lady Galadriel in order to say goodbye.

"My Lord and Lady, thank you for your hospitality. You have helped me, and I am eternally grateful for everything you have done for me." She said, and gave them a grateful nod.

"We would have wished your departure to be under better circumstances, but things are as they have to be." Answered the Lord. "We believe your story, and as my wife has seen it, we trust that your presence in Arda is indeed a blessing."

"Be confident, sweet child. Trust in who you are, and the path will become clear." Affirmed the Lady of Light. "And remember, there are far, far greater things than any we leave behind."

Robin nodded, and turned to find King Admír and Prince Amroth, who hadn't managed to get the purple out of his head. She bid them farewell, and the Prince made her promise to prank Thranduil as soon as she was settled in Greenwood.

"Were you going to leave without saying goodbye to me first?"

She smirked at the voice, and turned to find her three friends standing behind her.

"I only say goodbye to important people." She casually shrugged. Glorfindel pretended to be hurt by her words, and placed a hand in his chest feigning pain. "I saved the best for last."

"You almost got me." He smirked, and Celebrían left his side to approach her.

"Have you got everything?" She asked, giving a look at Robin's belongings. It wasn't as if she had much, apart from a few dresses and shoes Celebrían had given her.

"I hope so. It's not as if I can turn back if I forget anything."

"Well, I think you are forgetting something." Stated Elhael. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, as she was sure she had everything.

"Are you gonna walk to The Greenwood or will you get there by Eagle?" He questioned, and she realized that she didn't have a horse. Everyone in the King's company had one, except her.

"Don't worry, Glorfindel and I made some arrangements."

He then turned away from them, and returned a minute later pulling a beautiful white horse.

"His name is Sírdal, he will be your faithful companion from now on. He's yours."

She stared in shock at her friends, and extended her hand to pet the stallion. He sniffed her hand, and a second later he was neighing happily.

"I- uh... Guys, I don't know what to say..."

"You don't need to say anything. Accept our gift, that's more than enough."

She doubted a little, but soon enough nodded enthusiastically, before tackling Elhael and Glorfindel in hugs.

"Okay, you gave her your present, now it's my turn." Exclaimed Celebrían. She pulled a package from her back, and extended it to Robin.