Of Freedom

"Awe come on little doll, don't run away from his now." "You gonna make us hunt you down? Lookin' for a game now are you sunshine?" "I love games!" Voices echo through the courtyard, men of many ages and in various stages of intoxication. Your back pressed against the cold stone of the wall, hoping the trimmed shrubbery hides you well.

Once they are out of view, you can make your run for the uncut fields outside. The walls of hideously minimalist rich people shrubbery would block the view of you outside. Their laughter and footsteps fade and you make your run. Body pressing through the cut shrubs, the leaves and branches slice against your skin, pulling and tearing at your dress.

Once you reach the other side, you let go of all tension and run. You'll have to strip and look for ticks later, but the feeling of the grass scratching your skin felt good. You slow to a jog, knowing you wouldn't be noticed out here. God, it was going to be a long walk home. There's a sound of someone around you makes you pick up speed.

Stopping you from running, a thin arm wraps around your waist.

You let out a gasp, almost letting out a scream. A hand comes around your mouth as you struggle. "Shh, my little wild flower, it's me." His hand slips from your mouth and you rest back against him. You sigh softly. "V." Shuddering, you try to hold composure. "Now that I'm... legal, they're more willing to... touch." "Grope." He corrects, and he's right to call it what it is.

"We should move, make sure they wont find me. Or worse, find me with you." Only you knew the horrors that would come if you were found with someone that your family didn't know. Especially someone who looks as he does. With a gentle hand resting between your shoulder blades he looks back I'm the direction you came, making sure no one is coming.

With that, you continue slowly through the long grass.

Eventually, the house fades into a miniature in the distance. Reaching where the grass grows lower and hills came more often. You recognize this as being close to the main road. His heavy breathing alerting you to his exhaustion. "Let's rest for a bit, yeah?" You both sit where the flat ground curves sharply into a hill. Steep enough to lay back against comfortably.

Your skin begins to itch from the grass, you remember the threats of long grass and cringe. "I'll have to check for ticks when I get home." You mutter to yourself, rubbing your calf to sooth the irritation. Your tights had been caught and ripped exposing your skin to the grass itself. Noises echo from seeming no where, as the farm land seemed endless and open.

You look off in the direction you came with an anxious feeling in the pit of your stomach. "Do you think they're onto our trail? I'm pretty sure they have hunting dogs..." he glances in the same direction, a look of malice cast on his features. "Fair point." He looked as though he had no regard to anyone but you, like he was willing to let them die.

"I could send someone just to look over, if that will make you feel safe." You assume he means shadow, or maybe something else. But if they're attached to him, it might wear him out even more. "I'll be fine. Really, just a bit worried." You turn your head away, facing where the road will be. "If we walk for a bit longer we'll find the road back to town. It'll be longer then any we've walked before. So you can feel free to leave-"

His hand comes to rest on your arm, thumb rubbing gentle circles into your skin. "I will not be leaving you, if I were to leave you alone-" He leans down, pressing a kiss to your hairline. His voice softens and lowers to a hush whisper. The former irritation it held is gone. "Bad things happen to little girls like you. We must be safe, understand?" He pulls back, looking down into your eyes. You feel a tingling, in various places in your body.

Nodding you try not to look away. He smiles sweetly down at you, the back of his hand gently soothes your cheek. "Good girl. Now, let's get going. If we have a long walk ahead of us, it's better to start sooner rather then later."
________