A Dalliance in Trerrylain

            Water dripping from a fair female’s hands. Her form, of most ideal and aesthetic. Obsidian hair, shimmering at shoulder length— forgive me, it is not of my usual manner to talk of some of my more sentimental memories. Fond moments I oft think back to at the most random of times. I suspect that I’m not privy to such occurrences. One may be performing some task- of which the degree of importance, substantial or minimal, is of little concern- when memory is provoked. Nature has gifted mankind with the ability of memory, without which the species would have perished long ago. There is no man alive who would question memory as vital in mans functionality.

            Processions of associative and imaginative thought that rekindle recessed memories. Related and sometimes seemingly unrelated triggers can activate the senses in a particular way that resurfaces memories. Whether the nature of the memory is one of fondness, guilt, humility, joy, or any such matter, is entirely dependent on one’s own perspective of the memory in question.

            Example: A woman of such artistry, skin finely crafted with utmost care. My volition was struck with awe at the mere sight of her. It was through some perchance of luck that I’d found myself able to gaze at her visage. I was walking along a well beaten path when I’d suddenly come over with a bought of thirst. I found this particularly odd seeing it’d not been a conscious concern as of then, but the most spontaneous of needs are often the most vexing of wills. I had decided to skew my path a bit in search of a stream of water as there was not a town for miles. It did not take me long before I’d come upon a lake of most vivid sapphire, light reflecting a dull ivory essence. The waters light trembled with the roll of the waves; offset by rich blue that shone its haze.

            Amid this redolent sight was a woman, young, with black hair, fair and clear skin, and without any clothes.  Her form was of most trance inspiring beauty. I stood for what seemed like hours, admiring her. Though, I know this valuation of time to be highly overestimated and inaccurate. Perhaps time had stopped, if only briefly, and I was the only one who’d had any cognizance of the event. Whatever the case, I watched her, standing in the water, presumably to bath herself. No action indicated such, as she was standing still, waist deep in the pool of water. A vague sense of mint became apparent as I gradually adjusted to her captivating allure.

I’d noticed that mentha had taken around the lake. The scent was not overwhelming but pleasingly potent. And the cool, aerial mist, runoff from the sapphire pool, gave a refreshing invigoration. The mint plant, in its bright inviting green, enveloped the sapphires perimeter; tall, shade-providing trees acting as cover for me from discovery. Previously too enamored, I started to examine her more closely. As I said before, she was waist deep in the water; a green haze filled the background. She merely stood there, looking at her reflection in a curious nature, as if trying to work out a problem. Though not with intense focus as some problems cause one to do indicated with a compression of the brows. Her countenance was fairly relaxed- eyes gently open, slightly unfastened mouth. She toyed with her reflection, letting the impact reverberate, and then held her hand up a few inches in front of her. She looked at it for a moment and gently wiped her hand across her face, slowly running down and holding it there to enjoy the feeling. She glanced to her side and made her way to shore. I watched as she rose to the shallow levels of water. I did not watch with lasciviousness, but with appreciation. I waited a moment after she’d clothed herself and left before I took to the pool to satiate my thirst.

            After satisfying my thirst and filling my flask, I made my way back to my path, stopping only once to procure a small bit of mint for my travels. I walked along my path for a time before I’d come upon a town. The sign placed before the town border had messages of greetings for travelers, and below that was the town’s name: Trerrylain.