James

Alyssa's POV

He's alive. I can't believe he is alive. There  is no way that is should have been able to. I must have started breathing heavily because my mates started freaking out. Hunter was panicking, Blake was trying to calm Hunter down but was freaking out himself so he wasn't doing a very good job, and Caleb looked like he was going to pass out.

"Alyssa," shouted Joshua, when I look at him he puts his hands in my shoulders and looks me in the eyes, "hey, look at me. Everything is okay. Just breathe."  I can start to feel myself clamming down.

"I can't believe he is still alive,"  said Mike, "How can that be? I didn't think that anyone could have survived that."

"I know," I say, "It was horrible."

"There is one thing that you guys should know about James," said my uncle.

"What is it?" asks Mike.

"James just woke up a few days ago and he can only recall a few things," my uncle tells us, "you two are a few things that he still remembers. He keeps asking for you guys. Would you like to see him."

"Yes!" we both shout at the same time.

"Okay," said my uncle, "let's get going, he is in the hospital crossed town. We have to get going if you want to see him."

Mike and I are so happy that James is still live. I when with my mates to the truck that Hunter was driving.

The three of us were always together. If you saw one the other two were somewhere close by. What had happen was Mike's fault, or so I was told. James's parents never told me the whole story. I think it had something to do with both of them liking me. I just want my friends back. I hated not being with them. Now we can go back to the way we were, friends till the end. My uncle lead us to the cars. I walk over to a shin new black truck with my mates.

"Who's truck is this?" I ask.

"It's mine," says Cable, "I just got it. It's a lot safer then that car the rest of them have been driving. If this car gets in an accident we will be just fine, the other car not so much."

"But I like my little car," I say.

"Well," says Cable, "my car is safer than that. If we ever get in an accident we will be the ones who are just fine."

"Have car has been re-forced with carbon fiber metal plating."

"And that means?"

"That it is stronger than your truck."

"How did you mange that?!"

"That not something you need to worry about right. Let's get going." I climb into the truck and watch my mates climb in after me. Cable and Joshua in the front seats. Blake and Hunter in the back next to me. My uncle's car pulls out and Cable follows behind him. Mike was right behind us. Mike has all the other boys in the car with them.

I was just a little scared that James is going to hate me. We made a packed. That no matter what happens we will friends. Even if one of us dies the other two would still be friends. I broke that promise. I stopped talking all together. I stopped talking to all the teacher, my friends, and all the people who I cared about. I just couldn't do it. Everyone just kept asking 'are you okay?', 'everything will be fine in the end', or 'I know how you feel'. They knew that I wasn't okay. They knew that not everything will be okay. They didn't know what I was going thought at that time. Everything that was going on. I found out that we were moving at the end of the school year. The night I was going to tell them James was in that crash. I was so scared when the two never showed up. They are always on time and if they aren't they always call to tell me that they are running late.

That was all I could think about as we traveled to the hospital. I didn't even now that we pulled into the hospital parking lot

"Alyssa," says Hunter, "were here come on."

I nod and gets out of the truck. I look up at the hospital. Mike walks up behind me and we look at each other. I can't wait to see James. Mike nods his head and we start making our way to the doors. As we get closer I start to slow down. I don't know if I can do this. He might hate me when I tell him how I treated Mike. I could have messed up are whole friendship with that stupid mistake. I stop walking.

"What's wrong?" asks Mike.

"He is going to hate me," I say and looks down.

"No he is not," Mike tells me, "how could he?"

"I broke our promise that we made."

"I know that he will forgive you when I tell him that I let you think that it was all my fault and not just a race to get you."

"No he won't."

"You hate street races like that. It was his idea that we do it. I didn't want you hating our best friend who just had a car crash."

"Okay."

"Now lets go see him Alyssa."

I smile and nod. Mike grabs my hand. I hear my mates growl behind us. Mike rolled his eyes and just pulled me along with him to the front desk.

"How can I help you?" asked the Nurse at the desk. 

"We are looking for James Henderson's room?" I ask.

The Nurse types something into the computer. She frowns and looks at us, "Sorry that room is off limits all everyone but family."

"Is there anyway we could just go up and talk to his parents, they should know that we are coming."

"Sorry there is nothing that I can do to help you too."

"Thank you." I walk away form the front desk. When we get out of eat shot I look at Mike. "We are getting into that room one way or another. I don't care how."

"We can ask you Uncle."

"No, we could do the thing."

Mike smiles wide, "Will it work with just the two of us."

"Of course. We change it to work with three remember was faster but I think we can do it."

"Then what are we waiting for."

I look around and makes sure no one is looking. When I see that the cost is clear I start heading for the elevators. Mike is following close behind. We head up to the second floor and I look around at the desk that they have there. One Nurse sat there. She looks like she is in her late 20's.

"Your up Mike." I say. Mike walks over and starts flirting with the Nurse. She flirts right back. While Mike is doing that I start making my way around the desk. I sit in front of the computer and was trying to find what room James is in. When I found it I walked away. Mike sticks out is hand and the Nurse right something on it. He winks and walks away. I stand by the the elevator. Mike walks over with a smile on his face.

"I got her number," Mike side and shows me his hand. I just shake my head. 

"Well I got James's room number," I say as I push the up button. "He is the on the fifth floor." The doors open and and I step in followed by Mike. He pushes the button with the five and we get going.

When we reach the fifth floor and step out. I lead us to the room. Standing outside the door was James's mom. I see her and runs over to her and hugs her. Mike slowly walking be hide me.  

"Hello Mrs. Henderson," Mike says.

"How did you two fine the room?" asks Mrs. Henderson, "Wait I don't want to know. When you guys get together something bad always happens." 

I let her go. "We just want to see him." 

"He wants to you see you guys too. I talked to the doctor and you guys can."

I smile and heads in fast. When I get in a see a black hair boy looking out the window. 

"James," I say softly.

He looks at me with his bright blue eyes and smiles, "Alyssa!"